Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bum Bum

"BUM BUM", a sound my wife used to make to give her daughter a kind of protection from her fearsome lion at night during her one month holiday here. As our daughter was left by her mum when she was only at 100 days old. Thus, she used to absorb her thumb as a replacement of mum's breast, especially when she is sleepy. We are very much concern to learn her bad habit on the ground of hygiene. We doubt it would be reason for why she often falls to sick. My sister and her nanny aunty tried to stop her doing this but failed. She would cry as a sign of protesting when somebody try to stop her. Eventually, people around gave it up to our daughter.

One day during her holiday here, we visited sentosa island for family outing trip. During the day, we enjoyed maritime museum showpiece. Part of maritime museum tour, there is one free show inside for all visitors. The lion head statue with red eyes will come out of ancient boat when the show start. The wooden lion head's eyes turn red while smokes are emitting from lion's mouth. My daughter was so scare to view the lion during the show. From that day onward, my wife took advantage by reminding our daughter that the lion will come home to search a child who absorb her thumb. Our daughter will quickly let her thumb free from bitting when she is being told like that. My wife will ensure her saying "I will beat the lion,bum bum, if it come to us". I'll tell the lion that our daughter is no longer absorb her thumb. Try to sleep fast by brushing her back. She would quickly fall asleep in the fear mode.

Later days, she would tell us that she don't absorb her thumb by showing her fingers to us. We know she is going to sleep if she show like that. My wife would be happy to learn that her daughter's bad habit has been eliminated by the lion head story. She would ask her mum to hit the lion "Bum Bum" if it come to home. My wife would assure her by repeating Bum Bum while hitting something around. Last night, we called to our sister who accompanied our daughter her last month, our sister told us that our daughter keep not absorbing her thumb couple weeks after return home from Singapore. Our daughter still remember the assurance of her mother as she is telling herself when sleepy that "don't come to me, my mother will hit you, Bum Bum". My sister was feeling sorry to witness it. So does my wife being told the matter.

May all family able to live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment