Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May May Vs Oh-May May

AS my daughter was left by her mum when she was 100 days only for oversea job, she needs to spend time with her aunty more than parent. When she is able to speak after 15 months, she wanted to call mum as she sees her peers calling their mum. My eldest sister who guardian our daughter was sorry to witness she repeat saying mum when she see other call mum. It prompt my sister to let our daughter call her mum despite she is not biological mother. My sister ensure that our daughter's desire to call May May which is mother in Myanmar language to be fulfilled. My sister later reiterated that she don't want our daughter gets psychological damage in mind due to lacking person to call May May. It's absolutely right and we accept her decision on the matter.

Our little daughter was 20 months only when she first visited us here last month. She could speak short sentence well to show what she want and don't want around. She could able to commend black and white despite she is just beginner. She would point out right thing/person if she doesn't wanna speak. She never failed to speak properly when she is in good mode. There are two time she become a bit stubborn to people other than my sister whom she call "Oh May May". These times are when she feel hungry and when she want to sleep. During that particular time, my wife also will find it difficult to convince her to listen her instruction.

If problem persist, I used to step in to let our daughter be tamed by my sister who is her Oh May May. "Don't make her a bad girl by trying to do what she doesn't like". I understand my wife's feeling that she wants to live as much as possible with her daughter's one month stay here. She is stingy to share her playing time with other even me. The longest troublesome time come in bed time. Our daughter used to sleep while her back is brushed by her Oh May May. Thus, she would call my sister to lie beside her so that she would able to comfort her. But her Mum want to try to replace Oh May May's duty to befriend her daughter. Again, our daughter is stubborn in what she wants. She would cry and protest in what she wants until it is made. If the situation remain, she would shout at her mum by saying "Go away". What a painful word to a loving mum is it? Own daughter is affectionately wants aunty than biological mum. My wife will give up when she is being told like that and would turn around to hide her sadness. I know she may not be escape from it for long time and make her unable to sleep for long without seeing her in person.

This time come to us at least once a day. It seem crucial moment to my wife. She definitely hates to face that time. Other time, they both are okay. They can play, eat, read, sing, dance, strolling in the park, etc together without problem. The problem is my wife is not satisfied with those time. She is apparent to own the whole loves of her daughter. She seem sorry when she see her daughter is loving other more than her. I could see crystal clear the loving kindness of a mother. I am sure all the mum around the world would have the same attitude toward their children. Sometime, I deliberately step backward to let my wife has enough playing time with her daughter. May be I am cold-blooded man as a father. No wonder my wife accuses me for inactive sufficiently. I would silent whenever being told as it is partially right. I hope the day my daughter able to fully understand to come so that I could answer her continuous questions. Perhaps, that time come, I would become favorite person than any other person including my wife. Anyway, one thing inevitable is we have to accept our daughter call her aunty as Oh May May and have to learn how to become a good looser.

May all family able to live together in this planet.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear another sound of heart break from a May May!
    Wish all families united in peace and safe life.

    ReplyDelete