Thursday, May 24, 2012

Accept change for good cause

I AM a fan of EPL football matches. It's my sole entertainment at the end of stressful day long work. I enjoy watching them play as long as they are competitive. I have no favorite team that make me less excitement. Thus I want a better team win at the end of the match. Unfortunately, it's not always true to witness a better team wins at end point. If it turn worse, the best team is not about to get a champion by grant. We have seen this year EPL champion change from conventional teams to newly rise Man City. Frankly, I wanted to them win this year so as to prevent Man U's dominant in EPL and historic 20th league title.

I don't have favorite team but I may easily pick a hate team. It would be Man U that always say big big words not only their manager but players. They might have been super team in the past. They have some momentum from the history now. Nobody fear red devil today I think. The way they play is not really worth for champion team. The way they play is not really attractive. But strangely, most of football fans supporting Man U worldwide. I think, English's media make them more famous than what they are. They apparent unrivaled to any other leagues in the world. But always wonder why they fail when it come to UEFA champion league football. It's widely accepted that Spanish teams are more technical and dominant in UEFA football. EPL team are more physical than technical. No wonder, famous footballers dream to join Spanish giant teams. 

Fortunately, I can watch EPL at home. Unfortunate thing is my house main occupier is Man U fan. The whole flat, we two only watch football match. Other guys are not interested in it even final play. I quietly wish Man U lose when I seeing TV with my flatmate friend. He is hardcore fan of Man U. He would only watch Man U match and he is visibly disappointing if Man U lose or draw at the end. I am happy when he is disappointing. But he might think I am the supporting the same team with him. As you know, this year final day was fully excited as champion had to be decided on the very last minute of final game. I am disappointing to learn Man City is beaten at home soil until 90 minutes. Man U won the match on the other match and they are just injury time few minutes away to conquer 20th championship title. I never thought Man City will turn over the result at the injury time.

But, this is football and everything can happen. Man City equalize and scored a winning goals during injured time and became a champion of EPL in more than 4 decades. I am equally happy with them despite I am not a Man City fan. Thanks Man City for showing Man U their right position. In fact, the second spot is even better than what they should stand for this season I think. One week later Chelsea won UEFA championship final at the expense of Bayern Munich. Nobody think Chelsea will win the match. Bayern went the match as favorite as they are playing on home soil. Again, football shock the fans. Since Bayern Munich is competing for their 5th cup, I support Chelsea to win it as this is first time for them. And the reason why Chelsea boss is heavily investing in football. As the best thing is life should be shared, let the weaker team win some championship taste as it's rare opportunity for them, even once in a life time.

We won't be excited to witness the same team winning all champion in football. We thought Barcelona will be dominant force in football. In table tennis, China has been invincible team at all competition that make world's table tennis boring for fans. No need to excite, predict for who is going to be next champion in table tennis. A gulf in different of quality even between China and any finalist nation. Lets accept the change in life, not only at sport so that we all could able to excite. May people able to accept the change around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment