Monday, May 14, 2012

A little story teller

NATURALLY I'm talkative and my wife is a quiet person. It become contrary when it come to our daughter. My wife will talk without drinking water to her daughter while I am not more than on-looker. A week after our daughter arrived here, my wife realized what she likes and dislikes. At bed-time, my wife would tell her little daughter a story to make her fall asleep. My wife's story is, in fact, about her daughter. She would say starting 'once upon a time,,,,,there was a little girl who like.......Sunkist fruit, fried potato. She also afraid to see a lion, frog, pirate, etc. She always try to kiss her fingers whenever she wanna sleep or hungry. Soon after, she quit from this bad habit as the red-eye lion chase the child who absorb their fingers. She also like to sing and dance. She used to tell before she pees. The story would end here and repeat.

My wife told our little daughter every night and she know it by heart. Later she tell ahead of my wife. Next day, she approach me and tell me same story. What a good feeling is it for a Dad to listen what little daughter narrating? She is 3 months short to 2 years old. She can't speak well but tried to explain me. The way she speak is lovingly and what I need to do is just nodding my head and sometime say "aww, like that?" She will keep telling a story as long as I give her a chance. Sometime she ask her mum to recall some forgetting part of story. What a bonding time is it? How a parent can forget such moment easily? I don't think there would be somebody to ignore such time. Our little daughter has such talent. She can follow a song she used to at her age when her digital album's background music on. Of course, she can't sing whole. But it's good enough for us to hear her little crack sound when music reach her favourite part. She would dance when her favorite song was opened.

I get lesson from the occasion that we can't buy something in life. No matter how rich you are, you won't know how pleasure is it if you are single or childless couple. It means a world to us especially for parent with solely child. There is a saying in Burmese that "Oldest child is crazy". In fact, Parent with first child become crazy. I think there would be less people to argue with me that. May our daughter able to tell better and longer stories next time we meet again in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment