Thursday, May 31, 2012

Get me medicine

THIS afternoon, I feel uncomfortable as my stomach bloated. I don't have history with stomachache problem. Take some traditional medicine from my desk drawer to cure it. If my little daughter knows my problem, she would tell me take medicine while go and take medicine. She would shout until I take the medicine she brings in. Strangely, she is affectionate to give medicine to people who complain their health. When we say, today is very hot, she would say take medicine. When we say, I'm itchy, she would say take medicine. When we say, finish dinner, she would say take medicine. She herself is also not afraid of taking medicine. It's not a problem to feed her medicine. I think the tame with medicine make her interest in giving medicine to others. 

She rightly knows the correct supplement for me and my wife every night after dinner. If she brings us medicine without water, we used to complain her that where is water to swallow it. She will go back and get cup of water for us to drink. It's wonderful experience for us as a parent of her, especially when she is just 20 months old. Sometime we wanted to test how much she is able to understand our command. Hence, we would ask her to help us doing something around. She knows where to dump when we ask her to throw some rubbish. She would straight go to rubbish bin at the corner of the room. When she see her mum finish showering, she would ask her to apply thanaka (Burmese traditional makeup made by a trunk of a tropical small tree). Sometime, she would make it herself for her mum. She wants to do everything she see around. If we block her will, she would cry and protest. In such circumstance, we have no choice but let her do a bit. Soon after she would return to us and we can continue the thing done. 

I think such experience cannot be found if you are not married with child. We rate it quality family time. We even value it more as such family time rarely come to us. Last month, our daughter visits us here and stay with us for a month and we have a chance to study her. We previously knows about her only through her aunty's talking. We would imagine how she would be when we are being told how clever our daughter is. Last month, we could have an opportunity to witness her in person. If the best things in life are shared, our daughter would be our precious gems take share happiness among our very own family members. Hopefully, we could able to possess such time as much as possible in near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment