Friday, May 18, 2012

Another no show fees encountered

ONE week after my sister return Myanmar, one of my friend came visit to island city. As I am solely friend for him, I needed to arrange for his visiting here from almost A to Z. He bought air-ticket from Yangon agent and he intended to stay here for just few days only. He landed on Tuesday and intend to depart on Monday. As his wife have to go Taiwan on Monday, he wants to go back Yangon on weekend one/two days in advance if he could change the date. This intention make us approach CH agent to ask if possible. The agent helped him change departure date on Sunday early morning flight from his existing Monday flight. He paid S$10 for service. It took agent for about 5 minutes only. But we're willing to pay S$10 as he could return on desire date.

The problem come on very last minute of eve-departure day. My friend is suppose to fly on 5:00am flight on Sunday. It was over 11:00pm on Saturday night when CH agent gave me a call. I already knew something has gone wrong before she speaks. She started by saying sorry. When I asked why, she continue, she had been notified by Silkair office that my friend is suppose to fly by Saturday afternoon flight. Surprisingly her words because I personally see a return date on original hard copy ticket showing 15/05/2012. I raised question to agent that it's impossible since the ticket show the date is on Monday. She also admits that she saw that. At the same time, she is not taking responsibility for the wrong doing. It's not my fault, she claimed. Then what's the problem?, I said. She told me that it was Yangon agent's wrong that they select return date on Saturday through online despite wrote different date on ticket. What a ridiculous thing to do so?

I asked her question again, then meaning my friend cannot board tomorrow? She reply, no, he would be allowed but has to pay no show fee. Hmmmmm, again I am hearing this fucking fees within a week time. Is it for S$69? No, S$69 for MAI only, this is Silkair and it could be around S$120. Okay, I have been depart with my friend and I'll inform him the problem. She hang down and I straight away call to my friend to let him know the matter. What make me puzzle is why didn't she know the problem by the time she change the return date through online. Does she purposely ignore the case in order to generate S$120 from passenger. It's very last minute to complain when she inform us the problem. Another thing is I suspect Silkair inform agent at 11:00pm that she claim. Next day, my friend has to pay S$120 for what they accuse is wrong booking. My friend tasted bitter at the last minute that ruin his pleasure during first ever holiday in lion city. Overall, my fellow citizen agent's service as well as MAI are disappointing for customer. How do they survive long term when the competition become stronger upon open up to the world. Our people have to learn a lot to improve their service and breast international rivals.

May all servicing agent/organization understand the real feeling of customer so that they could able to have sustainable success in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment