Sunday, January 13, 2013

Flat Headache

IT has been existing in my mind to rent the whole flat since a year ago. Our little daughter visit us in every summer and we intended to provide her a spacious and free playground at home. It is our desire. In reality, renting a flat is easier said than done. There are a lot responsibility attached with it. It is inevitable and we got to solve it out. My wife sometime will blame me for continuous failing to fulfill my verbal promise. Sometime I could able to convince her through financial lens while I failed on the occasion when she is aggressive.

A year seem so fast to us. Now another summer is in the corner and the fever of renting flat come again in us. This year seem more urgent to us for additional two reasons. First, our flat-leading couple has been in their first pregnant which is due on coming April. Second is more important that my mother-in-law will come visit us together with our daughter. As our daughter need to be accompanied by her familiar aunty who perfectly knows about her to look after full time. Plus, one of my elder sister is determined to visit us this year and we don't want to postpone her dream to fly abroad this time. Hence, the scenario become group of visitor will come this summer. Together this fact urged us to hire entire flat to smooth their visit here.

First thing first. When it come to mind to rent a flat, need to try to persuade possible close friends to stay at our newly rented flat. Because we don't want to risk paying more money for emptied rooms, of which we rented. Initially, some of my friends encouraged us to go ahead but it is not as active as we are. As they know renting entire flat will lead them paying some more money in lieu of a bit more freedom. In fact, I cannot say of more freedom because as I said before, there are attached responsibilities. Further, every year need to find a new nest if the landloard terminate contract or we can't pay increase rate. Following cancellation of my parent-in-law's visit, we slowed down our plan to rent entired flat. My wife apparent to listen this time because she knows we can easily survive in current room with our daughter + sisters. Definitely it will save us few hundreds dollars every month.

Yesterday, one of our close friend informed us a news of good opportunity to rent a flat. She sms us a contact number of landlord and I gave a call to owner to question some. Following smooth chatting, my wife and I went her flat to check physical condition. In short, we loved condition of flat as well as negotiated rent fees at the end of visit. Make appointment for tomorrow to formally apply to authority for temporary occupier. After return from flat visit, I talked with my friends who have shown their interest to stay with us only to understand they are not willing to. However, there are existing occupiers in the common rooms who are willing to continue if we want. I tentatively agreed with owner to continue with some increased rate. But there is indeed some uncomfortable things in my mind which make my already weak body deteriorate. I am a type of person who easily worry. My wife seem happy with the matter by talking her friends through mobile. For me keep thinking of possible challenges not only finding the right occupier but other numerous associated things. These all unnecessary worrisome make me unsleepable d whole night.

At morning, my wife complained of cannot sleep well. Asking if it is because of flat, she said no immediately. I told her the same but for flat awareness. She consoled me that we yet to pay deposit and signed nothing. Why should I worry while we could step back. Yes, she is absolutely right but I feel ashamed for not able to handle the things which is a good deal. I asked myself if I dislike to take responsibilities almost the whole night. I know exactly that my major concern is have to spend more for triple digit dollar sum per month. We could save them and spend in more meaningful ways. Do we really need to have spacious master-bed room to comfort our life, I asked myself again. Answer is "No", to me. Just before my wife go out for office, I asked her if she really wanted to live in that new flat. She replied me as usual, "up to you", I am okay with any option. Hmmmm, I knew she will say that way to relax me. 

I can't get rid of thinking about this flat whether release or grab opportunity. I consulted with respective friend about the matter. He said, there are certain risks in renting a flat but my deal seem good to his personal experience. He highlighted some do and don't when I go through contract procedure as well as hunting a flatmates. I really appreciated his advice and hang up. At office, I told the matter to my colleagues and all are encouraging me to continue. Again, it is easier to encourage somebody than taking full responsibilities. I am suppose to go to flat owner this evening. She will definitely ask me deposit tonight. I have little time to consider the matter. At 10:00am, I called her and cancelled today appointment for certain reason which is acceptable to her. Definitely I lied her but it is white lie. I thanks her for understanding me while requesting me to pass the message to my friends if there is some interest. I again promised her to distribute the message amidst my social cycle. Almost immediately, I write a note on my Facebook wall to advertise her flat to increase the chance. I feel friendly with them within a relatively time. I know they gave me a rental rate which is lower than market price. What the matter is I don't want to take extra responsibilities which is presumed unnecessary for immigrant workers who come work for saving money. Anyway, some of you might have the last laugh for my defending. I'll delightfully accept your critic regardless of positive or negative.

May all of my compatriots able to find a place that is temporarily called home with reasonable price while they are working abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment