Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wet Market Lesson

ONE fine Saturday, I went to nearby wet market to buy some groceries and meat. After getting wanted vegetables, I finally approached to a meat stall that sell fresh pork. I queue in and waiting for my turn while looking at display meats. While thinking what part of pork should I buy, the seller asked me what I want to buy saying "do you want to take belly?". I said by pointing at some meat, "give me this one, please". He reiterated by saying "ya lah, this is called belly mah". I just tell him, give me two pieces and turn silent in ashamed.

I really didn't know how to call it properly. What a pity I am. The vendor taught me a lesson not to stay carelessly around. We are usually take care of things we really need to know in daily life. Some seem less important to us and we easily ignore them. In fact, the most fundamental things in life are the basis thing to survive in daily life. In other words, my English is not healthy enough. Since that incident, I carefully see the label of meats on shelf whenever I visit to NTUC outlets. I notice that there are a lot food related items I don't know in English name. But they are really familiar to our daily cookery. Today, I read one NTUC advertisement on newspaper for CNY promotion sale. It remind me recent incident that make me ashamed and again I try to memorize some sort of pork. I counted at one after another:-

Belly
Lean
Ribs
Minced

So long as we are conscious, everywhere is classroom. I am taking these vocabulary on the way to office on board train. I am hopeful that I will go wet market and order in confident next time. Life itself is a school and we all are enrolled at this school for ever.

1 comment:

  1. In other words, my English is not healthy enough!

    @_@

    if so , mine is too poor..:(

    ReplyDelete