Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sick Week

LAST week, my wife was unwell for a few days. After taking one day mc, she hesitated to take two continuous days mc to the the given busy schedule at work. On Wednesday, she collapsed on underground train on the way to office. This is not first time for her to experience such experience. On unwell days, I got to standby with my mobile not to make any miscall in the event she needs my help emergency. I need to call her frequently to check her condition especially on such sick days. As her sick got extended days, it appear to infect me later thought it is not serious. I tried to take kitchen duties while she is sick. In oversea, we got to take care each other while one in need. Later days in last week, I became more serious then her. She again look after me. However, I keep going to work despite my wife told me to rest. My own discipline is that I won't take mc if I can wake up on the morning.

Knowing what kind of medicine the Singapore doctors are going to give me when I visit them on sick, I take extra tablets myself and keep working. It was my turn that extend my sicken days with usual medicine. It seem relief on the morning and sick on the evening after work. The whole day I need to wear jacket at work to keep my body warm under chilly office temperature. I sometime disappointing myself for too soft. I am not a smoker nor teetotaler. But I think I am not as fit as those who do all those stuffs. Let it be. I can't choose with what the God give us individually. I have to customize myself to maintain my health at optimum. Given situation, yesterday flat headache make me unable to sleep over night. I am feeling weak but going to work. I feel some pain at brain but no muscle-ache considerably. I am sick and tired of taking medicine and skip off taking them despite not fully recover. Sometime, I take at night before I go to bed only. I can't afford to ignore my health I have responsibility to look after our daughter. I remind myself very often especially when I went down.

May all being able to free from sicken days.

No comments:

Post a Comment