Tuesday, December 8, 2009

X'mas lesson


THERE are six Myanmar staff at the engineering department and 4 staffs incl me are working at the same room. On the X'mas eve day afternoon after finishing X'mas activities, people go back their respective room with X'mas present. Of course some are happy while other upsetting with their X'mas presents. Once HR put the term of minimum RM-10 present, I decided to put my present around RM-15 and look for the items around that budget. Some of my fellow citizen don't want to spend a lot for this and they try to put on the margin.i.e, their present is around RM-10. One of us put biscuit box and other put album frame both of them are even less than RM-10.

In my mind, I want them to put a bit more than RM-10 as the local people don't want to get our present as they expect cheap items inside our box. So I want them to realize how generous people we are. But it's out of my hand and I can't concern in other business. So let them do what they like and see how is the end result. Actually we all are not united at all and it's impossible to coordinate in doing something. So I make my present box secretly and didn't negotiate with others. Just after finishing present change, I heard some bad words from my neighbour...

"x!@#$%^&*()_+"
me: what's wrong with you ?(ask by pretending don't know)
frd: you see mine lah
me: it's biscuit box, what's wrong with it?
frd: this is under RM-10 and cheap
me: so you are not happy with the present?
frd: ya of course
me: then you go and inform HR lah
frd: no lah, this is from myanmar staff
me: hmmm, so keep quiet is better and how much item did you expected?
frd: I hope just fair present, bro
me: be remember it's made for fun, not for profit, bro
frd: yes I know but
me: but what?
frd: I put expensive item in my box
me: how much did u spend for ur box?
frd: about RM-18 cost pen
me: it's good to have ur box, then who get it, bro?
frd: Wahni (malaysian lady from HR)
me: it's good for us, hope she is happy with ur X'mas present
frd: ya lah
me: then forget about ur present
frd: why
me: it'll destroy your happy moment
frd: ya, I try to do as you suggest, help eat my biscuit
me: thanks

Meanwhile, the owner of this biscuit box come in our room and see we are eating biscuits
owner: hey how is biscuits?
frd: so bad
me: good
owner: why so bad?
frd: it's cheap biscuit and taste bad lah (his voice is angry)
owner: why can you say my one is cheap
frd: hey I know how much does it worth
owner: I comply the minimum rate, you know (he also start to angry)
frd : but mine is more expensive
owner: how much expensive item are you expecting to get then?
frd: as good as mine lah
owner: who asked you to put expensive item ?
frd: it's my attitude lah
owner: then it's your problem, not my business
me: stop arguing and enjoy biscuit and my chocolate

That day, I got a chocolate box and I am not so much suffer from that. We participate this X'mas celebration for fun and they end with frustration. It's not good for us and especially they both are Myanmar staff. Since then their existing bad relationship become worse. Since it all happen infront of me and I take a lesson from that incident. Once people are poor, it's a good reason to fight each other for a few dollar items. I don't think the rich people would mind such a case in their life. Now these two friends are working in Singapore as well and hopefully they are richer than we are in Malaysia. I am writing this for not wrongdoing purpose of my ex-colleagues. I look forward that they would be happy once they see this post one day. :)






1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete