Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Fever

ONCE I was working in Malaysia, my office usually celebrate a X'mas day. So one month in advance, HR manager and her staffs would be busy with preparing and assembling X'mas tree infront of the front counter. X'mas tree would be decorated by a several light bulbs and it tall about 5 feet. There is audio system at the office and the X'mas songs would be transmitted for the whole december. Being buddhist, I am not friendly such a kind of activities and I don't know how to happy/sing/play/cheer each other at the right time. But I am quite comfort as I understand that HR manager won't invite us to join them in celebrating. I don't mind unless she invite me as it's especially for X'stians and we are not supposed to invite in any party held in office. I knew it from experience and my senior.

The first year X'mas come the right time, as I thought before, we are not included in the list of participants and we just enjoy staying away from their religious-related activities. But in the second year term, we are unexpectedly invited to join with a basic term . Would you want to know what do I mean term for joining X'mas celebration? The basic term is everybody must put the item that is not less than RM-10 inside the box of X'mas present. Of course, she (HR manager) made it in order to prevent some cheap/invalue X'mas present box that are suspended in the X'mas tree for present change section. Actually she meant it for myanmar workers who are probably they think/assume is significantly poor and out of standard. Once we are notified by HR staffs to join X'mas if anyone of us willing to do so, we enjoyably accepted the offer and we started to consider for purchasing the right and attractive item with a limited budget.

Since it is for happy, people don't spend a lot beyond the minimum price and it depend on the attitude of the participants. We made it secretly and try to make our partner surprise. Everybody pack their X'mas present with a nice wrapping paper and label on it. Then put proudly infront of the X'mas tree and the other people will see it and lift and guess what would be inside. It's funny to guess and the value is not depend on the weight of the present box. Anyway generally, we assume the PM & above level will make expensive item and dream of getting it. The present change system is just like a lucky draw. Admin staffs will put all the name in one cup and put all the numbers in another cup. They number all packet accordingly and people must take the number they are matched. The boss would put the cash present and it is the most favorite present among staffs. Usually office make it eve day of X'mas and it usually take one afternoon.

Before present changing section, we need to sing X'mas song together with our colleagues and we'ld pretend to sing the song as we don't know that by heart. Once the singing section finished the most anticipated section would come and people are eager to know what number is their and people know by heart their favourite number. If the favourite number come out, they would roar and cheer to the person matched. After that we will change and eat together as some of the box are foods. Anyway it is good to celebrate among staffs to enhance our relationship regardless of religions. Now I am working in the Singapore and my new employer is buddhist and they don't have that practice to celebrate X'mas. So X'mas time is nothing but an extra holiday for me in here. Anyway my memory would be refresh once the X'mas time come.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete