Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Escaping from the death

I WAS amazing not to find a snake during my stay in KL for 3 years. It is probably because of I am living at the capital city. As I have wrote in previous post, I, one day, got a chance to work as a part-time quantity surveyor and I needed to go another town that is about 50km away from KL. My part time office is located nearby a village that is about 1km away from the nearest bus stop. I need to walk from the bus stop to the office as there is no transportation service except motorcycle carrier. I never take these service during my 10 month working time because they are deemed risky to be hired. Frankly I don't believe in these gypsy-like Indian men to travel for my safety reason. As per words of mouth, sometime they become a robber from a motorcycle carrier. Usually they will surround me once I alight from the bus with the prospect of getting customer. Later month, they realize I am not a person who wants to hire their service and they don't come around to me once they see I am alight. It make me feel safe and comfort.

There is a bitumen road from the high way to my office place and the road is laid between palm trees plantation. I could see mountains each side of road and the view of greenery by palm trees is so beautiful. I used to walk fast so that I can minimize walking time and avoid either potential robbing case or police check. It's good unless I am halted by anybody for any purpose. Being part-time QS I worked from the Saturday evening to Sunday evening. Usually I arrive this office around 4:00pm on Saturday and return KL on 5:00pm the next day. In return to KL, it's headache to get a bus before the Sun go down. It's not safe to wait alone at bus stop when the dark come and the bus in Malaysia don't have a reliable schedule. So I usually rush back to KL every Sunday evening.

One Sunday evening, I was, as usual, walking to the high-way for bus riding. On the middle of the way, one car approached me behind and asked me some questions for help,

driver: hi, do me a favor please
me : ya, what's that?
driver: do you know how to go Sungai Buloh Station?
me : yes I am, it's easy
driver: how?
me : you go straight all the way to high-way and then turn right until you see the station. It's very visible to know you arrive there.
drive: Oh I see, thanks
me : you are welcome

I also need to go the same station they are going now. So I imagine they will bring me along with them. The car is driving off and I'm still looking at the car with the hope of the car stop again and bring me the station. After a few minute seeing at car, I look down and I was shocked as one very big snake is getting ready to fight me. The snake is going to bike me if my foot touch him and he is half step away. I don't know what to do and suddenly jump as much as I can and run as fast as I can straight forward. By the time I felt I am safe, I look back and the snake also run quickly to the other direction as fast as I am. It looks like a dragon rather than a snake by the way it is running. The snake body length is as long as 5 feet and fat about 3 inches.

It is much look like a cobra as per its readiness of counter fighting. I was so lucky to be escaped from this and I can't stop my heart beating for an hour. My heart would beat faster whenever I think about it. I didn't think I would be escaped this time as the snake is half step away from fighting. It's difficult to see as it's color and grass are almost the same. I don't know what if I am bitten by this snake. The street is not busy and I don't know if I can get hospital in time or not. Also I can be die on the spot as I can't imagine how much it's poison capacity. Anyway I believe in my practice of reading dhamma notes and some good spirits prevented me from the highly dangerous situation. From the next week onward, I take extra care in looking ahead when I am walking to and from the office. Thanks my fake for giving me a chance to stay in this world.

2 comments:

  1. မဂၤလာပါ ကိုဇင္မင္းေရ..
    လာလည္ပါတယ္။
    ကံၾကီးေပလို႕။ ေျမြရွိတဲ့ဘက္မ်ား လန္႕ျပီး ခုန္လိုက္မိလို႕ကေတာ့ မေတြးရဲစရာေနာ္။ "အမေလး.. အေမ့" လို႕မ်ား ေအာ္လိုက္လား။ ဒါမွမဟုတ္.. "အမေလး.. ခင္ ေရ.." လို႕ မ်ား လန္႕ျပီး ေအာ္လိုက္လား..ဟိ..ဟီး..

    ခင္မင္စြာျဖင့္
    ကိုမ်ဳိး

    ReplyDelete
  2. thks for ur funny comment bro,,:D

    ReplyDelete