Friday, December 11, 2009

Taxi story-2


I don't hire if I am not urgent to go. Frankly I afraid to hire taxi as I had heard a lot different stories from my friends. Another reason is I can't speak Malaysia language despite I am working in this country. There are taxi counter at the public buildings such as airport, stations, hotels, malls, etc. This is a good idea to use such a counter if you are not familiar with local practice. The counter officer will calculate the fees according to rules and regulations for you and you will have to pay at counter rather than taxi driver. The officer will give you a token that you have to pass it to taxi driver later you get ur destination. It's quite convenient to do so and reliable service. But most of foreign workers don't know these kind of service as they might think this counter are just for tourists only. Actually they give the service to all individuals who want to use them.

One day I need to take taxi from a mall to my hostel with my friend. The trip is familiar with me and it usually charged me from RM.3.00 to RM-4.00 depend on time and traffic flow. That day I I take a taxi and noticed that the meter is going very fast on the way to my hostel. My friend has no experience in hiring taxi and he asked me how to pay and how to deal with taxi. I explained him on the way by talking mother language. May be it is the reason why driver cheated us. Once we got our destination, the meter show RM-12.00. I talked to driver:

me: how much is it?
driver: RM-12.00 (by showing meter)
me: It's impossible and I can't pay that amount
driver: why?
me: your meter is something wrong
driver: why can you say so?
me: I usually pay the same trip for RM-3.00 to RM-5.00 maximum if traffic is congested.
driver: you crazy lah,,,,give me as per meter, OK
me: I can't pay, if you don't agree then you may drive to police station now. I'll show you where is police station as I am working in this area
driver: f**k you guys,,,if you don't have money, then get out of my car.
me: no, I have money enough even to buy ur car, I just ask for fair price

my friend was afraid to go police station as he didn't bring work permit card that day and he asked me to pay as he wants. I still confusing his request. Driver is so big in physical and he almost want to beat us by preparing in action. I dare to argue that because of my friend is accompanied.

driver: you give me RM-10.00, OK?
me : ok ok,,(by thinking bad consequence)

After alight from taxi, I take a note of taxi registration plate no so that he may afraid us for reporting his company or police. But I didn't report to anywhere. They are such a kind of people and I tasted it. That's why I say it's not easy to hire a taxi in alien country at my introductory paragraph. Hopefully you all might able to avoid such a kind of taxi driver in future.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete