Monday, November 8, 2010

Election thought

The much anticipated day of Myanmar within 2 decades finally arrived and it's crystal clear that people are not interested in it due to unfair circumstances that they can see around. The foreign media keep airing about this election and even urged people to boycott this shum election. I don't understand about politic and don't know the depth of its complexity. But I am sure that I want to see some changes after this election. No matter which party wins in this competition as long as the winning party take care of people's life. I am sure most of my fellow citizen would have the same feeling as I thought.
I asked myself if I am a considerate person for my mother land or not. I felt sorry for unable to vote in this election despite I'm old enough to vote. I don't know why does it happened to us like this. I have read about several election stories of some countries through media and they all seems quite comfortable to participate their own election. Why does seems so difficult to us? I think it's not much difficult to arrange if the authority are honest and serious in making our country real changes to the right track of developing.
I more carefully read about our election on newspaper and all I can read carry the negative news. I am very upset to read our news. In fact, my country's news rarely come out in foreign media and once come out, it used to be a bad news rather than a good. No wonder we are being pressed in oversea since our leaders movements are not creditable. In my generation, I have come acrossed some historical moment of my country. It's lucky to encounter such important parts of country during life time. But it drain away cheaply when we are not allowed to participate or do in something we can do.
Everybody eager to know the outcome of Nov-7 election and the result is yet to come 1 day after election day. The whole world is losing patient and rating this election as unfair and unfreedom. Meanwhile the rebels are complaining several things and now DKBA and Govt soldiers are fighting in the city of Myawaddy that is a boarder city with Thailand. I am very worry to witness it from media because it can be initiator of civil war. No civil war will produce a good outcome. Now about few thousands fleed to Thailand to avoid intercity war. What a shameful thing for an independent country especially in the period of election time? I am so sad to see the plight of refugees but I can't do anything for them.
I myself is working an ocean away from my 3.5 month old daughter and I felt I am responsible for that. My family cannot live together due to several reason. My wife and I are working in oversea so that we can save some money for our better life and future. Last time, we are single or married without child, the life seems no problem and things go right. Now, after getting our first ever child, the value of life and theme of our thinking began to change. We are not happy to stay in oversea despite getting money. My wife is still crying for missing her daughter. My daughter become a victim of system. We are working here because we can't find a proper job domestically. What made us go and work oversea? Exactly bcz of lacking enough jobs within our land.
That's why we all want to see a good change/ result from this election. In view of all reports and preparation, the election is not supposed to be reliable and we are advised not to expect significant changes. We expect something special although we have already known the result of this shum election. No matter who made this election fair play, we all people will appreciate it and remember for life. But in realistic, it looks like mission impossible and finally our dream would be dumped for unlimited year. Only the God will know when will it be our time...
May my country have a good leaders who are willing to take care of people sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment