Friday, November 19, 2010

Post Election Feeling


AS THE WHOLE WORLD expected, the government back party USDP won the recent election by land slide. No wonder the result come out like this since there were so many unfair stories circulated through local and international media. Our election is not transparent and fair to public. Since our people are very much used to living under that environment, they seems no aggressive to result despite they are not happy.

In general, the winning party should have conquered the hearts of our people. But the strange is people are not happy upon the result. Nowaday people are able to access media through different ways and also media are made easier to distribute news by the advantage of technology. No matter how educated they (people) are, they at least have widen their ears and eyes compare to 2 decades ago. Unfair and tightly grip made people more curious in the poverty country.

These days, Myanmar's election related news are taking head line news in all paper in island state. I took extra care so as not to leave any article or news regarding to my country. It doesn't matter which paper press, the same tone they intend to highlight is unfair, unstable, injustice, etc. I tried not to interest in this election but failed to do so. In fact, I, being a citizen who paid income tax to my government faithfully, lost my vote in this election. I don't know why I am not eligible to vote and also don't know where does it go. Most likely to go to winning party because I understood from some news that official union commission is taking into consideration for oversea vote when they count on vote. Again I don't know who are included in those oversea vote.

As a middle age man, I prospect of changing from this election as I don't want to work in oversea for long term. To fulfill my dream, there must be political changes inside my country. I believe there won't be have significant improvement unless there is major changes at the top level. We needs a mighty party that can lead our country to a greater high. We need a leader who loves country really and wants to pull our people out of poverty. I am so sad whenever I read in paper that my country is one of the poorest countries in the world. What else worse? There might be sure but I don't know how to tag.

In realistic, no other country own natural resources like my country does. I think the whole world will agree that. I read oftenly about the huge contract especially in gas and oil related sites. Since they are worth at billion dollars, it should be used in aware of people's health-care, education, etc. But I see my country remain unchanged within decade. I just write to console my soul as I can do nothing about politic. I myself felt embarrassed for being layman in this field. Hopefully we can able to see some positive change during my generation.

Please wake up, Myanmar.......our neighboring countries are already passed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment