Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To my precious baby girl

MY dear baby, as usual before your dad was so busy to talk with you so far. I miss the days I talking to you from a skin away since I return Singapore on June 5. Hope you also missing my voice at the same time. On behalf of me, your mum will take extra care for both of us. Being a child, I understand that you will love to be surrounded by your biological parent once you are coming to this world.

But in real life, we can't make things the way we want to be, my baby. It's too early to explain you why your dad say like that. You'll realize my words fully by the time you grown up. I am kind of dad who wants my baby gain the best. In order to fulfill my dream, I also need to be a dutiful father and I'll willingly try to become such kind of man. I'm currently can't stop thinking about where do I let you study once your time come to school. It's my first priority now and in my mind it's not early to be prepared, my baby. You may laugh at me for my worried mind for you. I know about my country situation more than you, baby. The more I know about my home land, the more worry come to me.

Education, Health-care, Culture, Business, History, Life-style, etc are all going down compare to our time. Nowadays we can't afford to find a world-class education domestically. So can't quality health-care. When we knew that you are already in your mum's womb, our journey started to ensure you are handled by a professional hands. We don't just believe in an even ordinary doctor. Generally, you parent are quite stingy but we both amazingly changed this manner when you arrive our world. We have no objection to each other when we are talking about your care. We always consider your comfort and safety regardless of it is expensive or cheap. As you might have known, quality care never come cheap, baby. But we are happy once we able to see you are safe and healthy girl.

I remember one day our OG told us that you are slightly smaller than normal after she made necessary measurement through her scanning machine. We were of course feel sorry and I noticed that you mum was tearful and also no dinning. I consoled her as much as I can and encourage her to eat more balance than currently she eats. From that day onwards, you mum drink 2 milk cups meaning 100% up from original instruction by manufacturer. But we were happy once we heard that our country's OG said the baby is quite normal. So we relaxed ourselves by assuming that foreign OG misjudge you compare to her fellow citizen. Probably the ways we going through in daily life can be different and it might effect our structure including our baby. No wonder our citizens become smaller due to under-diet.

I see a lot school-age children around here eating burger at Mc Donald and KFC. The can eat as much as one adult eat. Since then I cleared my confusion on small size of my country man. Hopefully I can able to feed you like that as I want you to compete them in future. This is one example of so many things. If I am given a chance to choose one thing to hand over you in life, it would be a world-class education. I don't want to give you so much money as my heir because it's just an object for one, no guarantee to one's life. I'ld love to see you an independent woman before I depart this planet for another. That's why I am crazy with surveying about your education. I keep asking some of my friends here who have school-child in here. I collect some information from them as well as their advices. I don't know the nature of child-education here and it is a must to ask superior if I really want to avoid some wrongdoings. I don't want you going wrong path in life. To make sure this, my survey must be effective. I won't afford to underestimate in every single data. I look forward you will like to study here rather than our mother land.

First thing first, as they said, please come to our world as a healthy baby so that we can enjoy our family life to its eternal. Please forgive me for failing to stay beside you once you are getting our world. Our world is sometime cruel like this, my baby. So I expect you to be a tough person once you get some unpredictable problems in life. It doesn't mean I don't love you by staying away from you and your mum. I am studying and working here to support you and family to the best. I must swallow some bitter experiences to maintain my dream alive. My dream? I want to stay together with my own family in here and give you world-class education. Nothing is free in this world, baby. So I have to take some unwanted things if I want something special. That's why I am staying one ocean from you now and let me beg your forgiveness for my absent on the very first day of you in this lonely planet.

See you end of this year, baby. I'll keep call you until I can see you personally. Expect to see you two week time through internet and to hear your sound through mobile phone. Have a good health and kind family for you. Wish you may free from hate and problems.

Your daddy.
Immigrant worker (Singapore)

No comments:

Post a Comment