Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Luggage Headache

WE finally cleared immigration check after about 1 hour in queuing. Luckily, we were not asked anything about visa by officer. It is not easy move with a toddler in our group. After passing immigration, next task for me is to go collect our luggage at moving conveyor. I checked the monitor on the top of column so that I can wait in the correct conveyor for our luggage. I wait and see for 15 minutes and still our luggage haven't come out. I doubt the system and started to go around to check if somebody has wrongly pulled down our luggage. Also check if other conveyor line belong to our flight. There are few conveyor lines and I am sure we have waited in the correct lane.

In the small room, there are a lot tourists, visibly Chinese tourists from Hong Kong flight are busying with their luggage collection. The gathered their luggage in a specific area to counter check their belonging before moving toward custom check. I was going around the small room and unable to find our luggage. Ask some locals and airport staffs for help but no seeing ours. It took me about another half an hour and I decided to approach airline desk to report our missing. I asked one staff where is Air Asia office and follow his direction to reach the small office. When I reach there, I found my luggage in front of their office. I immediately realized why they have collected because we have been wasting a lot of our time at immigration check point.

When I talked to airline staff, he checked my luggage claim slip & passed it to me back. I noticed our luggage lock has been opened and hope nothing miss inside. I haven't check anything inside as the room is crowd with tourists and local agents. We tried to move toward custom clearance through green channel. I am not comfortable with Bali's exposure and a bit exciting with what's next for us waiting ahead. Soon after walking, we're finally reaching out of airport premise where a lot people waiting for their customers. Just like in Yangon airport, some are holding the placard with their guess names. Some taxi drivers are trying to get potential customers to the city. As I have read airport transport article through online, I walk with purpose to avoid their approach. My destination for that moment is of course, airport taxi counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment