Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Going to the Hotel

I understand from online reading that there are 3 options to get a taxi in Bali, ask hotel service, use airport transfer and walk out of airport compound and get private taxi there. Despite I know airport transfer is monopoly and a bit over market price, I have no choice but to get its service. I have gained two unexpected lessons in the airport and don't want to create another. My family is just following me and I can't expect them to help me somewhat. A regular price in mind through my friend, I approached to a taxi counter to query.

Staff: Hello, where do you want to go?
Me : Legian (I tried to talk steadily to be looked like a person who is friendly with Bali)
Staff: One Hundred and Twenty Thousand Rupeer
(I tried to understand his speaking and counting myself that may look a stranger for him)
Me : Can you make it 100,000 Rp, Sir?
Staff: Nop, it is regular price. (he seem very confident with his demand)
I stepped backward and think a bit of opting walk outside premise and find a taxi. After short chat with my wife and consequence of unexpected cases, we decided to hire taxi from airport service. I need to pay cash down at counter and he return me a coupon and a driver come out of room to send us our hotel on Legian.

We followed driver to reach his taxi which is parked some distance away. He cannot speak English so much and we tried to enjoy Bali's road side view with full of statues. It was Friday evening and peak hour as people back home from their works. Roads are small and traffic start to jam and driver tried to avoid Kuta area to reach our Hotel. About half an hour driving, we reached the hotel we're going to stay during our holiday in Bali. We could able to sight a bit and hopefully there would be no problem with our online hotel booking next.


No comments:

Post a Comment