Monday, May 13, 2013

culture reflects mindset

THERE is one Malay colleague at work who is working at safety department. He one day invited me to attend wedding of his sister. We all thought wedding of his own rather than his sister and surprised. It become more when I open the invitation card. First time in my life, I saw father of groom together with two wife in place on the card. I know that Malay men are privileged to marry up to 4 wives according to their religion permission. But I never knew it is also allowed that they can publish their wives together on their social cards. I respect the tolerance of Malay women who forgive their greedy husband. Let it be. It is part of their culture.

Recently I read a Malay news on strait time webpage with disgusting. I really can't understand with their culture. It is about a rape case against minor. The offender is 50 years old restaurant manager and victim is just 13 years old girl. After police report and put the accuse in custody, the man proposed to marry the victim in court and the girl's side agreed. The case closed. How come like that? Just wondering. If it is the case, where is the rule of law for minors? The man would be more than happy to marry daughter age bride. At the same time, he would have avoided the prison term. What if he later divorce the girl. I don't want to continue thinking. Let it be. It is their culture. 

I always concern for my country women who are working in that country. I myself have worked in Malaysia for 3 years in past and know the situation. I relay the message to discourage parents who want to send their daughters to such country. That is what I can do and hopefully they will give second think before they show green light to mouth-watering agents who can do nothing when our fellow citizens fall their trap. May all innocent person able to free from offenders and get prevention by the rule of law wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment