Sunday, March 31, 2013

Unexpected return

IT was about 9:00 PM when I received a call from my friend. He seem panic with the matter. Once I asked the cause, he said that he just lost his wallet and don't know what to do next. I asked him to report the bank and police as soon as possible. He only knew his wallet has been dropped on the way when he pull out to pay his phone-bill payment at nearby 7-Eleven store. He immediately rush back the way he just walked through to find nothing. He then called me for advice as he is distraught at least for that particular moment. 

I tried to console him not to panic. I shared him a story in which my colleague had lost his wallet two times and get it back later. Few minutes later, my friend called me back to tell me good news. Like my friend, I was amazing to learn that he had got his wallet from neighborhood police station upon report. What a good feeling will it be for a person who just lost and panic for losing wallet is it? I could imagine how my friend would be happy. He said, police just asked him to fill up the form and ask if there are some items which he didn't fill up. He said 'yes' and police asked him why not in the reporting list. He answered, he didn't report them because they are deemed minor items. Then, police no longer ask him and pass wallet to my friend. My friend was so happy and grateful to a person who has returned his wallet. Sadly, he didn't ask police who had returned wallet.

My friend was so impressed with the rule of law happening in this small island nation. And he told me that he wants to share his experience on social media service like Facebook if he can write. I didn't pledge him to write the post on my blog one day. Now I feel that I should record the true story so that I could able to recall when we are getting old and of course share the good attitude of unsung hero who has found somebody's wallet on public road and returned to police without taking a single piece inside. Hopefully my friend and I will try to do the same manner if we got the chance finding things not belong to us on public places in future. If all the people around the world adapt such manner, our world will become a peaceful place to live in for doubtless.

No comments:

Post a Comment