Friday, March 29, 2013

Japanese make us dream

ANOTHER mission I am attached during my recent trip back Rangoon is to detect the land related rumor and make a decision to mitigate the risk. Hence, I managed to visit the area where my land plots are existing. The lands are locating just beside mouth-watering project called Thilawa Industrial Zone which will be developed by Japanese assistance. As a promising land, everybody wants to own a piece of parcel land around the region. I am not exception and purchased two plots with the help of my friend since a year ago. In recent months, there were some bad news saying residents are striking for their rights against government's order to move out with immediate manners. Nobody know the true story. But such news make land owners concern with their unfenced land parcels indeed. Especially for owner like me because the money I paid was hard-earn money. I may not afford to miss my land for certain reasons. 

Fortunately, I won an air ticket lucky draw and decided to visit the place. I went the industrial zone with the intention of assessment toward current affairs. I last visited 7 months ago and see some visible improvement in infra-structure. Also found some basic tests conducted by JICA. Some local companies already started their operation to figure out their dream. I witnessed the huge block which is meant for Japanese investors. There are planned residential block next to Japanese firm's industrial wards bordering with two ways concrete pavement roads. There are several busy trucks with carrying soil from one place to another to make some plots get level ground before it is go ahead with development. When I asked my friend where is affected area related to recent protest, he explained by showing the places and it help me decide on whether sell back or maintain my land.

In fact, there are buyers there but hardly found no sellers for the land plots. There are some property agent offices by the roads. There are some stalls to feed patronage around. There are some cars looking forward a suitable deal. There are some people who are looking at their property in physical. I also witness some transaction between seller and buyer through agent. I visited regional government authority office which is governing on all transaction. All buyers have to come across that office to check the documents are correct or not. Some owners are busying with constructing of fencing to their plots so that they can block some intruders inside their premise. It also serve to warn other onlookers that the land is belong to somebody else. In brief, the lands are quite promising to own as Thilawa Industrial Zone is quite sure thing to be developed right now. It is widely considered the first priority of ruling government during their term and meant to open phase-1 before next election on 2015. I finally easy to make decision not to sell back my plots for good investment. I however realize that the value of land in future will purely fall on the Japanese firms. For the time being, people who own a piece of lands including me are day dreaming with the prospect of successful industrial park in near future coming in without falsifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment