Thursday, March 28, 2013

Which is closer to you?

RECENTLY, I went back Yangon for a week as I won air ticket from lucky draw. I went back with the intention of surveying local property market and medical check up. My schedule was fulled with clinic visits for my eyes, dental, blood and skin checkup. My Yangon resident friend noticed me that I am extra ordinarily taking care my health this time. I replied him that I must do it as prevention is better than cure. As a married man with a daughter, I have to take extra care myself so that I could able to look after my family until my daughter is grown up. He is quite bullish on my saying and countered me with a question.

Tomorrow and next life, which one is closer for you?
I paused for awhile to think deep and answered him, 'of course, next life'.
My friend continue by laughing at me, 'well, what's worth for worrying your family?'
I was motionless without reacting, meaning I am agreeing with him.
But I try to convince myself that I must be wise if I want to maintain my health at optimum.
There is a Burmese saying, 'our life is guarded by wisdom'. We can't afford to ignore things around if we want to live long. 

As a person who is practicing Buddhism, we must believe the consequence of karma. Karma means work/attitude that reflect our insight quality. We tried to do good things as much as possible while to mitigate bad behaviors. I am not happy to learn communal unrest between Buddhists and Islamist followers in my homeland now. Wish the authority may able to prevent our people falling to the trap of perpetual and become victims. Life is too short to regret and we should have a chance to live peacefully without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment