Sunday, March 31, 2013

EOS lesson

SECOND time in a row, my daughter will come visit us this Saturday. As a part of preparation, my wife and I bought a digital SLR camera to capture lifetime memory during our daughter's month long holiday here. We attempted to buy similar quality camera last year just before our daughter visits us for first time. After prolong discussion with some close friends who already owned DSLR camera and we chose not to buy it. The common reason that bar us was the problem attaching with DSLR camera's maintenance. We learned that the major risk with DSLR camera is moisture that make lens kit infected with fungus which can cost owner few hundreds dollars.

With the desire of my wife, we bought it on last expo sale to taste DSLR experience. As a beginner level, I needed to learn from A to Z by reading all inclusive manual books to familiarize myself with camera components as well as how to operate it properly. It is easier said than done. As a compact family camera user, almost everything with DSLR camera is new and advanced technology. It took me some sizeable time to understand some basis to begin operation. Besides, I need to make sure the dry cabinet is set at 45% RH value as it is recommended by manufacturer. Dry cabinet is another area I needed to learn together with DSLR camera. I sometime felt that I have bought a troublesome expensive toy to punish my desire. When we don't have things, we want to own it. When getting, it turn us to worry from losing, spoiling, etc. As time is limit, I certainly need to surrender doing something I like such as reading and surfing because we could able to do once at a time. Hopefully, owning DSLR camera will make us worth for investing our hard-earn money in the long run despite we got initial difficulties which is temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment