Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fall in love with iPhone 5

FINALLY, the beautiful iPhone-5 belong to me following 2 years contract agreement with top local operator. It took me more than 8 years to enjoy the non-disrupt service from mobile operator since I have been working abroad from early 2005. I am stubborn with making contract as it is deemed unnecessary for me. As an office worker, I have internet access during working time and got similar privilege at home. The only time free from internet is traveling time to and from the office. I see almost every fellow passenger on board are busying with their mobile through various reason. But I don't feel impressed by such surrounding. I prefer to read something like newspaper or book or magazine than eye-damaging screen.

For me, using mobile is just to make call and receive calls from friends. My mobile doesn't need to perform work related things that make call traffic reduce visibly. I would think it is not worthy for my hard earn money and also some form of cruel to my tiresome eyes from day long computer facing works. These all thinking make me ensure using pre-paid line which is relatively budget and save my money at the end of the month. I see there are quite closely compete in the IT market among industrial big boys from west and east. Our desire to own new technology gadget will not end unless we could able to kill our unlimited desires. I don't feel down for using prepaid line at all.

In the wake of recent meditation retreats, the way I think toward my lifestyle might have change from other perspective. Everything we own in this particular life will be left behind when we one day die. If so, what's the point of saving money by refraining from doing/ tasting expensive toys? We are doing some donation towards our community and relatives to kill off our greedy minds. If we think of that way, unable to use latest technology gadget is consequence of our past life's manner. In other words, it is reflection of bad karma for what we've done in past life. With the recommendation of my wife, I this time didn't confuse with her suggestion to sign up one postpaid line that make me own world's most advanced technology phone with immediate effect. Thanks my wife for paying all upfront bills to lure my quiet desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment