Monday, December 27, 2010

Famous Quotes


I personally admire to MM Lee for his overall contribution to his country. When I was younger, I respected Malaysia's former PM Mahathir for his outspoken behavior. Later I relatively noticed about the fact of MM Lee because I got a chance to work in the same country. He is a successful politician of Asia and also deserve several praise from worldwide for his effort transforming Singapore from a fishing village to a metropolitan city. You'll never know how important and influence on the city state unless you have been in lion city. Current PM is son of MM Lee and he still taking some responsibility despite he is over 80. Whenever I think of him, I can't stop myself thinking what if our national hero, General Aung San is alive. Probably our country would have developed like Japan or South Korea because he has a long version and his patriotism make him seek any possible room to develop country. Our national hero is well recognized by world's leaders and unfortunately he was assassinated even before independence. What a bad luck for us losing our super leader such cheap way.

Recently wikileaks revealed some news related to my country. Among few, most highlighted one come from comment of MM Lee that state "Junta leaders are stupid and dealing with them is like talking to dead person". What a strong words is it? Diplomatically it can affect bilateral relationship between countries. The news followed the Malaysia related comment that state Malaysia's leaders are incompetent. The Malaysia foreign minister issued protest letter immediately upon release of this cable news. I thought there would be similar thing to come out from my country as well. But I prayed not to affect badly as there are a lot fellow citizen working in city state. I don't know what'll be consequence for this.

This is not first time for MM Lee to comment on my country's matter. I remember he said some famous words as following:

When our army chief's daughter wedding was holding, he commented "the bride is much look like Christmas tree rather than a traditional bride"....

When media questioned him "is it due to easy internet access the sex related crime increase among school age boys and girls?", he responded by citing our country's situation as below.
"If our students are unable to access internet and electricity, it would be same like those from Burma".

What a great words from him but soar words for passive people? We, people, suffer more when we are critized by truth things in life. There is no respond to the comment but we'll be remembering them for the rest of life because it's alien. No wonder he is famous till now globally. We badly need such kind of leader who can see life as it is and able to pull us from deeply poverty.

Disclaimer: the latter two comments can be wrong or inaccurate as the source I read is not reliable media. I just sharing these with my friends as I enjoy on those words despite a bit offensive.

1 comment: