Sunday, November 22, 2009

Myanmar Cultural Show 2009


DESPITE I AM NOT a party goer,yesterday I went to the Victoria Theatre to enjoy Myanmar Cultural Show,2009 organized by Nee Ann Polytechnic Myanmar Students. I arrived there a bit late and the show haven't start yet by the time I arrived. I saw a lot of Myanmar people queue to make register in front of counters. I saw a lot Myanmar young students who are busy with arranging and preparing so as to ensure this show is done successfully. Among Myanmar people, of course, there were curious local residents as well as foreign expatriate. Since this show is first ever show to perform in this historic and famous theater, the organizer well prepared to show our century long cultural is how deep and strength to the audiences. The number of audience is amazing and I must say their tirelessly effort hit the target.

The audience flow into the theater gradually and it was full few minutes after the proposed time 1:00pm. As soon as the show starts, we were introduced the famous dance called royal dance in which a lot dancers perform by synchronized moved. It's really spectacular and magnificent performance. I underestimate this show as the lack of professional and it would be done by a real students. But in actual show, they could able to manage to entertain the audience from begin to end. The MC would announce with mother language and English so that foreigner can understand the meaning of upcoming performance between the consecutive program.

Overall, I was enjoying with the performance and it is really money worth back respond. I hope foreign audience also like their performance. I can't even remember when was my last time watching such a kind of live cultural show. At least, it had taken to me for more than 10 years to get this rare chance and really grateful to all members of organizer for this tirelessly effort. We can easily understand how much they had focused on it since Singapore's hectic life is hard to find a spare time to do any kind of volunteer works or community works. It's easier said than done, to make it realistic from a dare dream.

I this time again, cried for several time when I hear and see our very own and original dance and music. I don't know why it happen to me these days. But I can't stop it saddening myself during watching this show and think at the same time. We all came from the same source and struggling at the different paths according to their lifes. I do believe that we all have the potential and able despite we came here for our own ambition. This is very good verification today and it is a milestone for Nee Ann Poly students.

I owe them for their effort in making me laugh continuously during the show time. I find it hardly to laugh myself because I am just a victim of daily tight schedule. I felt that I am lucky to come here today and look forward to come in next year if I have a chance to do so. I am sure that they, organizer, didn't make any profit from this effort and they just want to show their patriotism. They tried to show our cultural to the world through the advantage of Singapore's location. I wish them to keep this good practice as long as possible and hurdle it to the next generation successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment