Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First ever punch I got in life


HE has been working in this company for over 10 years and he always say proudly that he is one of few initiators. He is Malaysia Indian and working as a draftsman. On the other hand he is a spy of Myanmar workers and take credit from HR manager by reporting our bad things. Being a spy, they will never highlight our strength and only point out our weakpoints. We all Myanmar workers know his attitude and character upon us. Actually we are only group of foreign workers who are working in office and he dare to bully us only. Since company is owned by Malaysian Chinese boss, most of staffs working in office are Malaysian Chinese. So he will avoid to conflict with them and mostly he concern whatever we do regardless of matters. I am working as a QS and we are related in work especially when I need to get updated drawings from him. All the drawings are controlled by him and I have to go and see him when I need any of drawing.

He is bigger and taller than me in physically. I am the most talkative among the Myanmar workers. Altogether there are 5 Myanmar engineers and 1 assistant draftsman. I am the only one who needs to take-off all quantities for tender and claims purposes. So all the PM and MD would need to come and ask me whenever they got any new drawings. Other Myanmar colleagues don't need to take-off quantity and they have a lighter duties. So mostly I am busy with quantity taking off for tender and it was the cause of this fighting. It's usual we are verbally fighting for almost everyday. But this day was beyond that.

I was, as usual, busy with one big tender and one local chinese engineer came in my room. He asked me if I can help him in doing something. I replied him, sorry I am currently busy with a tender for boss. He accepted my reason and just chatting with nearby colleagues. Meanwhile this indian man came in my room and heard our conversation. He immediately involved our case by critizing as, "this fellow is always say busy like that by pretending. I know him ever reading newspaper during the working time." I told him, I'm reading sometime when I have nothing to do and it is not my false. I won't read newspaper when I have something to do.

indian: help Mr. Ng assignment first lah
me : no I can't I am not free now
indian: you burgar, simply give excuses
me : I am telling truth, I have a big tener to out in time
indian: you always say like that,,it's mean other ppl are free lah?
me: ya lah, for sure, you are not working now and nth to do for you here, OK?
indian: I tell you help him
me: I don't follow you since you are not my boss
indian: you idiot
me: this is non of your business
He is telling me from the entrance door and rushing to my workplace to fight me. I understood the situation and try to pull out nearby drawing rolls to resist. Other people approached to us and pull him back.
indian: what do you think of me?
me: you nothing but a bullshit

He, this time, strongly come out and punched my face. I didn't expect he'll do it physically and hit by his strong punch. I was so angry and I tried to counter-fight and other people hold me. Since I was so skinny, it's easy to control my body and I was helpless to escape from their control. Chinese engineer bring this indian man to his workplace and I left alone feeling so disappointing. I thought a lot, to kill him at one point. There are another 2 Myanmar friends working inside my room. But they also unable to help me in fighting and they just surprising. The keep quiet to show their sadness too. I can't control my anger and can't stop thinking that incident.

What is my life? Where is my right? Who'll take action against this unfair case? I have no answer and I started to feel sad and when I releases my mind, I cried silently. My tear are rolling down to my cheek and I didn't try to wipe out. I was a crazy for a moment and my friends console me not to be so much serious on thing that had happened. It's our immigrant life in Malaysia and I'll never forget my nightmaire days in KL. Bullying to inferior is not a human nature. It is totally animal nature and we should oppose such manner if there is any in our community. I promised myself that I'll never bully to my inferior even if I can't give them a kind treatment in future. How about you, my friend? Let's make a happy world without any abuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment