Thursday, November 19, 2009

Am I betrayor?


AFTER ONE MONTH working in Malaysia, the lady boss praised me and asked if I have some engineer friends who want to come Malaysia or not and I happily replied yes. She said that she is going to Myanmar and want to make interview during her visit. So she wants me to gather some engineer for interview and allowed me to use office phone in calling back Myanmar with the purpose of spreading news and gathering potential candidates. I asked her for some questions to clarify mainly on as follow

1) how much they (new comers) will get salary for their service?
2) how much she intend to charge for bringing here. ( I demanded her that she would find it hard to get a good engineers if she demand as I paid before I came here)
3) what would be their post here?

She gladly answered my question as follow
1) they will earn the same salary I earn right now.
2) they don't need to pay agent fees for this job.
3) they will perform as I am doing now.

She also told me that I'll deserve some pocket money for each individual who came to interview and I noted but I don't believe her. So I tried to call my ex-colleagues from PHIH project and other close friends. Meanwhile I urged them to spread news and collect others if there is any around them. Finally the lady boss went to Yangon and held an interview at Trader Hotel, Yangon, Myanmar. She carefully selected some engineers and technical staffs on the spot and returned home. After she returned office, she called me and told me about her Yangon interview experiences and also asked me if I know or not by showing some CV forms she bring along to KL. Some are strange to me but they should find according to their respective CVs. I recommended them and she started to apply to get work permit for them. I noticed that there are 2 female workers in which one is civil engineer and another is accountant.

She applied all and got some of them passed. After she passed their calling visa to Myanmar representative agent, I heard some law changed regarding to the female workers going to oversea. So the group of workers make it delay and finally they left these two female workers and came to KL. From this group, only 2 engineers and 1 draftsman arrived to office and I helped them a lot. Two engineers earned RM-1400 and One draftsman earn RM-1000 a month as she told me before. They paid only 6 lakhs for this oversea job and they are so much luckier than me in deed. They don't need to fight for their position and also salary. Their way is already laid by us and they able to stroll their early days. Actually they cannot speak English well and also their computer knowledge are not good enough to work in oversea.

After they start working at the office, the lady boss called me and asked me to teach them computer after working hours at night. So I got one more assignment and I simply follow her instruction so that I can avoid unwanted fines. Before they arrived office, there were only 3 engineers at office and now altogether 5 Myanmar engineers and became a small contenant. Later we are split to several groups as I wrote in my previous post "United Myanmar". Anyway we are happy to able to speak our mother languages at the office whenever we got a chance and we all together share all incoming bad burdens. Since then, we never receive any salary rise within our 3 years working in that company. Also I never received for any commission fees from my effort in gathering engineers for her interview. But I am happy to help my fellow citizens by someway despite I never receive any thanks from them. But I deserve some negative comments upon helping the lady boss in bringing Myanmar workers. I asked myself that I have been good enough to be called a betrayor. How will you judge me if you were there?

No comments:

Post a Comment