Monday, August 9, 2010

CGTI Family Gathering, Singapore

YESTERDAY (080810) I went and attend 2nd time CGTI Gathering with the prospect of seeing my ex-institute friends. According to plan, the program is supposed to start at 2:00pm and I get there on about 4:00pm because I needed to wait one of my friend who wanted to join this event. When we arrived there, the program is already started and MC is taking mice and asking attendants to come out front and introduce themselves with the rest. Since my institute was established 4 decades ago and there are so many batch had been generated. So it is not possible to know every ex-students from this institute. So the purpose of introducing is a must under agenda and I have no objection on it.

But I saw a lot people seems shun to do so and even keep staying away from MC and the place supposed to gather. MC keep calling and some people still reluctant. I myself is type of shun person, but I tried to follow their rule. Once I get in place, one committee member come and asked me to register. So I just go out and write my data in registration book followed by introducing to audience. In term of quality, we can't expect good as the committee members have no spending power and also ton of jobs to make this happen. I understood how difficult it would be to arrange because we all are poor in time as well as financial concerned. I salute their able to keep this event alive.

I was a little bit suspect once the lucky draw section come out. I noticed that most of lucky draw winners are from the committee members. I guess it is just coincidence. But they keep giving explanation that they are not theirs. They are for those who are buying tickets from them but didn't attend event. According to MC, he previously announced to redraw if the winner doesn't attend event. But he seem doesn't bother when his fellow committee members take price on behalf. In fact, the lucky draw is included for fun only and the items are not expensive too. They arranged to ask winner to perform randomly before collecting price. But no winners failed to perform well. But it's up to them and hope nobody aware that.

The penultimate section is to select new committee members and again people seems naive. I don't raise my hand to take this opportunity because I am currently studying and find it hard time to attend planned meeting of group. So I considered it is better not to register as committee member if I can't attend meetings regularly. Luckily nobody chose me as a member of new committee. The last section was eatery section that everybody long awaited. They arranged some foods for dinner for all attendants. The foods included fried rice, vermicelli, fried vegetable, pork and chicken associated with fresh drink. I enjoyed food together with my old friends and chatted some funny things during eatery time.

At 8:00pm I return home with nothing special things in my memory. But I am pleased able to meet some long time no see friends at the event and upgraded some hand phone numbers of them. It's solely benefit to me from this event. I didn't give any comment once MC asked for some suggestion regarding to this committee. I realize this year gathering attendant is only half size of last year. Hopefully next year, the attendants cannot be lesser any more and can make it sense and more meaningful gathering to all attendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment