Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Simcard Story

ONE of most interesting topic these days in Myanmar is when will the government sell CDMA & GSM Sim card to its people and how much it is going to be. It has been mouth-watering story since high ranking authorities relayed the message that it is going to be very low cost card for people by the wish for president. The approximate tentative time was told by minister level personnel as early as April this year. Since then, most of people are awaiting the time by saving their money. Equally busy are business people who open mobile handset and accessory shops here there. Now we can easily see such mobile related shops almost everywhere in the big cities. As usual, time have been passed by and still yet to come out by authority. Of course people are upset with the government's announcement, not only this time but so many time in a row.

My elder sister is working in my home town telecommunication office as a department head. She is highest ranking in our small town office. Believe it or not, she still has no mobile number and waiting for much anticipated low cost sim card by government. Our home town people, in past, used to rely on my sister's office for their information with other parts of country. Now, nobody take care of their service since telecommunication reform on last year. When I went back home town, I could able to see a telecommunication tower made by private company just beside my sister's office. My sister and her staffs are instantly became sale person from telephone operator because their antique machine is no longer useful among public. As Simcard become affordable now compare to past time, more and more people are buying GSM card for their comfort.

I previously complained to my sister by saying 'why do you need mobile while you are working in telephone office?'. I thought it is not necessary for a person like her. In fact, I was wrong because my sister's old fashion telephone machine are no longer in service and there is no budget for maintenance. The government also no longer interest in repairing them. The scenario make my sister just sit at work and go back home when time is up. Sometime she may need to sell Simcard and mobile top-up card for users. As I am working abroad, I cannot contact my sister in hometown when I am homesick. What a pity is it for a person like my sister? We can afford to buy with current market price for her. But she wants to wait until next batch of low cost sim card coming into the market. 

May our people able to afford to taste basic necessity in their daily life by the help of ruling government.

No comments:

Post a Comment