Monday, April 8, 2013

Curious Daughter

MY daughter was still sleeping when my wife and I go to work yesterday. She asked her aunty where parent gone when she wakes up and my sisters answered that we are going to work. The puzzled little daughter noted and waits for the entire day to clarify her doubt. Late evening, my wife and I get back home and she without delaying asks a question that she is not fully understand with. She first asked my wife who return home earlier than me.

Daughter: where are you going the whole day, mum?
Mum : go to work, my dear.
D : why do you need to go work?
M: to make money, my honey.
D : why you need to make money?
M: to buy foods and toys you love, dear.

She silent for a while and appear a bit understanding for leaving her home. But she is apparent to double confirm with Dad when I get back home. Asking the same questions that she has asked her mum.

D: where are you going the entire day, father?
F: go to work, dear.
D: for what?
F: to get money, honey
D: why you need money?
F: to buy tablet you love to play. (by showing it)
D: awwww

She again silent and look happy with answer. My wife and I also happy to be able to answer her properly. As she is closing to 3 years old, she got ton of questions on whatever she eat, see, touch, heard around. We tried to be patient with her questions as there is limited time we could stay together here. Hopefully, she will understand why we are staying away from her one day she is old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment