Monday, June 4, 2012

Thanks Singapore

FIRST time in more than 4 years, I get back KL, a city I worked for exactly 3 years in April. This time, I went back for family holiday, not for working. Following a lot problems with our little daughter's health just before departure date, we went KL in excitement with the prospect of seeing back the city I have seen outside my country for first time few years back. Our flying with Airasia plane was better than expectation as a budget career. It's quite punctuate even though it is early morning flight, local time 4:55am. It even took off earlier than schedule as all passengers boarded on time. We landed KL 15 minutes earlier than schedule time. It's good to be getting ahead especially when we travel to a strange place. Otherwise, we don't know what is going to be happen next.

As KL & Singapore are neighboring metropolitan cities, there are big gap between them in term of quality. Perhaps, going under budge title make it even bigger for us. But another strange thing greeted us at arrival. We surprisingly knew that we don't need to fill up immigration arrival form any more in Malaysia by a staff. It was needed by the time we went malacca two years ago. Now M'sia has adapted bio metric system that doesn't need passenger a long queue that they used to previously. It's good point and hassle-free for all tiresome passengers. Thanks Malaysia authority for their innovative effort. Hope our country's authority will learn it from its Malaysia counterparts. 

Hmmm,,,,,frankly, Kuala Lumpur is not so much different from the time of my working about 5 to 7 year back. Buildings I see, people I meet, taxi I hired remain unchanged. As usual, it's going to be difficult unless you speak native bahasa Malaysia language. It is not good for a country who boosted itself as "truely Asia". I am likely to become victim of cabby if I command them by English. They might think tourists are rich enough to be claimed more than as it is. I am disappointing to be cheated by cabby whenever I hired. Luckily, one of my friends help me arrange almost everything including accommodation, genting tickets, sky way tickets, even for KLCC twin tower sky bridge, etc. But I have to hangout around the city ourselves without him sometime when he is working. We take a lot photos wherever we went around city. It's tiresome trip but happy enough as a visitor. Mostly because I am, this time, afford to buy things and foods I want. As I am working in Singapore and earn better currency, it make my spending power better without headache. I would be not more than just a window shopper while I was working in KL before. As I earn little, we just afford to go around and see only. This time, I could spend almost everything I find as I earn better in lion city. I still able to spend when my wallet running out of cash as I still can pay by credit card. 

Thanks Singapore for making me feel like a real tourist during my trip back to KL, Malaysia.
 

1 comment:

  1. Singapore is extremely fun place to spend our family breaks with full fun and excitement. One can't forget days spend over here. These memories are everlasting and can be remembered forever.

    ReplyDelete