Thursday, June 21, 2012

No Singing Allowed

MY wife was laughing when I tell her that I received a warning letter from department head for singing while doing my job. Despite the letter come with polite manner, I am disgusting to get my first ever complain letter in my life. I even do not notice myself when do I sing during working time. These days in office, task become more than before and hard to find spare time to sing. Perhaps, I would have sung synchronize while working. My wife even didn't believe my saying as she perfectly knows that I can't sing a song completely. Also I am not a music lover and never listen music on the go as well as at home. That's why she is surprising with the fact I am facing yesterday.

As it come in politely, I tried to reply with the same manner. I guess it's because somebody might have complaint to our head as there is clue in the letter statement. But I am pretty center of Myanmar contingent at the office. My left, right and back is fellow citizen colleagues while front is corridor. Just amazing to receive such letter. However, I am not strange to be assault by local workers verbally. I just recall my days in KL, 7 years back in past, I was being scored for making noise atmosphere. She complained that the way I turn box files and the way I hit the keyboard is noisy to her ears. Unfortunately we two needed to work back to back in a compact work station. That time, everybody understands that she, being spinster, never satisfy with other. I could able to cool myself.

However, this time is different as it come by email officially. In fact, there are a lot noisy birds around, mostly are Chinese colleagues. They would talk loudly as they are in the mid of fish-market. They would talk non-sense things during working time, such as about family, cinema, discount outlets, fashion, holiday, gossip about hate senior, etc. Some are enjoying their MP-3 music at the office. Indian colleagues never stop talking on phone as they enjoys cheapest roaming rate to their love ones in homeland. Amid such situation, I am getting such warning is complete joke. However, I tried to reply in polite way as I don't want to create another enemy in the office. I might have been pessimist in this case. I ask myself if I am breaking the limit or not. I wonder if such warning is in line with the policy of our company. Finally I comfort myself by remembering a word told by one famous monk. That is "you will never find justice until you find it". Thanks Singapore for keep teaching me about life.

1 comment: