Sunday, October 9, 2011

Transparency is crucial in charity exercise

I'm pleased to see CGTI fund allocation table in excel sheet as it should have been before to attract potential donors among our family members. Previously I am disappointed to find myself unable to access the link they refer to. I asked myself why CGTI family fail to attach easy documents with excel, words or pdf format. Now my wish eventually fulfilled by family and thanks to those who make this real.

However, I'ld like to suggest that it could be better revealed by graph rather than long listed table. I believe that the hectic life of Singapore might have forced us unable to read long listed & complicated report. Thus, it'ld be wise enough to present by graph/pie/chart for those who are not interested in table and hard to find enough time. At the same time, I hope the nice presentation will prompt the members getting notice on a glace and can change their mind with regard to donation. I herewith attached two sample graph based on the data available by CGTI family.

Since more educated people become more cautious, the competitive style of fund allocation chart based on major, year, number of member would help them understand the updated situation and make quick decision. As we are running non-profitable organization, transparency is the most crucial step to maintain existing members and attract new potential members. By letting all members knows the financial status, it will boost their already generous minds in sharing their wealth to a meaningful event like CGTI family keep doing.

I welcome for publicizing CGTI bank account which will allow those who want to transfer the fund instantly via internet. Since the mind has a thousand eyes, it's a must for a firm to ensure its member having easy access to donate. I review myself with regard to this, I wanted to donate monthly funds for teacher tribute. But I find it hard to contact fund collection person. This make me feel cool and change mind. So my experience teach me that we have to do good things on the spot while our mind is in good mode. Otherwise these good mode can be easily gone away by time. So, by putting bank account on CGTI website, any member can donate easily once their mind become generous and feel responsible to our ex-teacher's plight. Moreover, people cannot make it excuse for unable to reach fund collector. It can make them easy access to donation box regardless of where they are. I see this as a good step forward and hopefully our CGTI family able to do such meaningful steps in near future to strengthen our unity.





No comments:

Post a Comment