Sunday, October 9, 2011

Flawed world-class education


DEAR my daughter, if we fail to send you study abroad, please do understand there are reasons behind our decision as a parent. Their education can be world class but there are missing something special in it. For one instance, character teaching is desperately miss on their curriculum. As a result, I read a lot of terrible news in which students are involving. At first, I was shocked to learn the sexual relationship between teacher and student. Later, I myself seem don't bother since such news arise frequently. It doesn't matter to be male teacher, sometime it is relationship between female teacher and male student. How do we value such education then? In term of physical, they might be one of top education system in the world. Let me draw other example to get your attention.

At US court, a criminal judge was asking a student on why he did committed the offense. The student's answer shocked the whole world. What could it be? His answer was "Crime is the way to fame". I don't know what did he study in his school. But it's obvious that he has been thinking wrongfully. May be it's extra-ordinary story among student communities. How would you excuse me about the cases of student involve shooting spree in a class. Such incidents seem increasingly become a fashion among western countries. It is sign of disobedient and may be part of depression.

I have a couple friend who has a kindergarten student daughter. I was shocked when I heard their daughter's incident at the school campus. One day, their daughter complained her mother that her private part was touched by fellow classmate. Can you imagine how her mother feel once she is being told? Of course, she see nothing but blue. They went and complain to school administration and they are told that it's not possible. I wonder what if it's happening to Singaporean student. Unable to speak fluently could make my friend couple lose in their report to authority.

But I believe the child are not lying. She might have suffered from those unexpected bully by big classmates. What make me don't understand is why are they doing such adult chapter? Let it be. I also read a news in which one kindergarten school daughter's parent admitted their shock once they are being told by their daughter. One fine day, he brought her to school and she strangely told him who is bf of who and who is gf of who. He was definitely concern seriously. He is Singaporean native and can't imagine how come those very young age child are talking about bf, gf things. They decided to withdraw their daughter from that school and tried to shift another.

Frankly, I don't think it's inevitable as long as they are living in this society. Their society is quite copycat to western developed countries. Since IT technology make people easy to access almost everything what they want to do in virtual world. It would be strange to see a primary school student using mobile phone in our country. But it's no longer the case in our neighbouring countries. The parent cannot deny and prevent their child using mobile as it's part of their life. Also IT gadgets are essential for today students to activate their school matters. They make homework through internet. They need to do project by searching required data from internet. The problem is they are not mature enough to identify what is good and what is bad for them. Internet is a data base in which everything can be reached regardless of good or bad. It's up to user's will.

So I understand from those life time experience that sometime it's good to be less developed because it's more likely tot pass our life based on real world. Here most of students are spending most of their time through internet which is virtual world. They can make friends without seeing in person. It doesn't matter how far away each other, technology can make people feel near and touchable. Here, students are more confident and independent compare to our child. However sometime overconfident is dangerous to them as they ignore the advice of their senior. The way they wear is sometime awesome. But they see themselves fashionable and parent are helpless but see. There are so many things that come cross to my eyes and I'll share you once you understand my words. You are still too young to understand some of my words now. There are much time ahead to share you and I'll give you the best of our life with my best endeavor. Believe me, we'll never give you unhealthy education and let you grow amid self-centered society. At the moment, please try to keep exercise to walk.

Your worrisome dad.

1 comment:

  1. တပုဒ္ၿပီး တပူဒ္ လက္သြက္ခ်က္ေတာ့ ။
    ဒီမွာေတာ့ ဓါးကမေသြးေတာ့ တုံးေနတာ ဘာမွ ကို စဥ္းစားမရဘူး ။

    ReplyDelete