Thursday, October 6, 2011

AGTI Vs EGTI


IT has been widely said among GTI graduates that there are two categories so called AGTI and EGTI. I think needless to elaborate why say so. Those who study at day time are considered AGTI and those who study at evening time are verbally called EGTI. I am not sure if this is happening legally or not among GTI society. But for sure is those words are created to divide among GTI graduates. AGTI graduates might have thought that they are better than EGTI graduates while EGTI graduates could feel some hurt once they are being called. I believe this is arisen by an improper step of authority which might have been forced to do by their superior department. In fact, there are more than such major divisive.

I myself joined AGTI through latest entrance exam in 1995. Later the admission was selected based on matriculation exam mark especially on Maths and English. At the same time, there was one particular year (1998 graduate if I am not mistaken) in which those student whose parent are teachers are allowed to join GTI regardless of their matriculation result. Moreover, there was another batch so called teacher training camp in which those students left from first chance are given another chance to become an engineer. No matter what batch a student is studying the course, the authority awards AGTI certificate to those who finished the course successfully. However there has been some bitter feeling that some AGTI students find it difficult to detach, I think. In real working world, we are judged based on personal skill rather than just paper qualification.

It's good to learn that CGTI family seems going to join All GTI family by advertising the upcoming gathering activity organized by All GTI family. In view of above, what make me appalling is there are so many AGTI words repeatedly in the invitation letter. Does it mean only AGTI graduates are warmly welcome to participate? Or does it mean EGTI graduates are not eligible to join? If the above my personal opinion of AGTI and EGTI is the case, the organizer of All GTI family should have used the better words in order to avoid negative impact. Hopefully, the All GTI media department won't have such negative attitude in making the aforesaid invitation letter content.

I'm solely responsible for the thinking of AGTI & EGTI thought and I'll take all consequence arisen from this. Frankly, I am not sure if my opinion is correct or not. If the post has offended you, I'm sorry for that. May all GTI graduates in Singapore transform coming Sunday evening a memorable gathering event life as before.

1997 civil graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment