Monday, March 31, 2014

April Fool Delight

FOR the first ever time in my life, I am being promoted from current post to one step above. I am surprised to receive an official letter from HR this morning. I guess something good news is enclosed as she at the same time congratulates me. The letter informs me that in the recognition of my hard work, management is pleased to promote me while term and condition remain unchanged with my employment letter. It added my salary would be review in this year time.

As today is April Fool day, a lot of teasing messages flying over Facebook status and I received a good news like that is something special, especially when I am not expected it to come in. I do my work as usual and trying my best regardless of task. Though I have been working more than 6 years, I do not think of promotion because of the job we do. As a local SMEs piling contractor, there is less things to be done by QS compare to main contractor's QS. Everyday I am listening my wife's work difficulties and seeing her grow confident. Meanwhile, I am stuck at the easy job where I even do not need to practice all QS work, such as pricing which is done by boss. As such, I am responsible for quantities of both tender and ongoing project claims. Since contract manager was appointed recently, most of finalization process are taken over by him and that make our jobs even easier.

Sometime, taking easy job bring our life more difficult in the long term because we get less work experience which is priceless. Though an easy job provides us stress free, we become losing self-esteem. Everyday, most of time we are spending on internet rather than rushing over our jobs assigned. It is because our busy moment usually come once a month and it take us about a week only. Though we are enjoying easy work, time fly over and our age never stop to be older. The older we are, the harder we can find a good job unless we have a very good experience in management level. We cannot go and apply for junior job to the given age. That is why I am stuck at the current job and really appreciate company management's consideration for my promotion. I sincerely wish I could able to work and loyal to this company until I return home permanently. No matter if they adjust my salary or not because sometime we need to be recognized by our superiors. It is much more better for our soul than money because we cannot buy it. Thank you Resource Piling and I'll try to grow this company with my best endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment