Monday, January 9, 2012

Vegetarian Friend


I everyday take my lunch box to work and enjoy home made food. One Indian colleague also brings his own food like me. So we became lunch-mate and have been together eat lunch for more than 3 years now. Thus, he notices that I am everyday having meat lunch. He is vegetarian and everyday eat rice and bean soup only. I am surprise to see him everyday enjoy standard curry which is bean-soup. He cannot eat my food but he always give me his curry.

Besides, we sit side by side work desk and he can see whatever I do. I take at least one medicine after lunch and he also notice that. I have assorted medicines both English and Myanmar in my workplace drawer. As time goes on, we become more friendly and one day he asked me frank question. He raised, "I see you are eating meat, vegetable everyday and also eat medicine". I said "yes". He don't take any medicine with regular basis like I do. It make him puzzle why I needed to take medicine everyday while eating a lot curry. I also sometime asking myself that why I still need to take medicine. Perhaps, I am too much concern about my health. Or my immune system is vulnerable compare to my Indian friend. Anyway, my daily routine has been long practiced and became habit. So I find it hard to change it and keep doing the same.

My Indian friend might have understood that I will keep my daily procedure as usual despite his suggestion and never told me the same again. Strange thing is I still encountering sickness more frequent than my Indian colleague does. Am I able to rid of taking medicine in future? My answer is probably no since I became older and older. I simply hope that hectic life style in lion city and insufficient nutrient will keep me taking multivitamin supplement tablet. Myanmar has a saying that " Our live could be guarded by only wisdom".

1 comment:

  1. ဟုတ္တယ္ေနာ္ ဒါေပမဲ့ တခါတေလေတာ့ လဲ ပိုဂရုစိုက္တဲ့ ကေလး ပိုဖ်ားတယ္ လို႔ လဲၾကားဖူးတယ္။ း)

    ReplyDelete