Monday, January 9, 2012

Forbidden Country


VERY often, I am disappointed to learn Myanmar is not in the list of worldwide countries at the commercial ground. Recall one day when I was taking haircut at the local barber which is run by Japanese saloon. The hair-dresser guess I am a foreigner and ask me where am I coming from. I answer her shortly as "Myanmar". Surprisingly, she don't know my country despite she is from the region. She even added, she never heard such name before that prompt to explain by referring famous neighbour countries. I asked her if she knows Thailand, China, India. Easily she said yes and I explain that my country is located amid them.

Every time, I read airline's boasting advertisement, again I am upset to see there is no Myanmar destination in the long list. Even Cambodia's Siem Reap could be found in the list. Why like that? Only our authority may know the reason. What I know for sure is we suffer paying much higher from limited airlines. It's look like some type of monopoly is happening in our country's nature. Why our country leaders are not concerning about its citizen? If they are thinking themselves of civilian government, it's their obligation to try all possible way to ease our people's life. Otherwise they will never gain people's eternal love and trust.

Most recently was happening on yesterday to me. I was at the Mustafa shopping center to buy a prepaid sim card. The staff was needed to register my sim card to activate. But he was encountering difficulty to make it successful because there is no Myanmar under country list. He needs to fill up online form which require personal data such as Name, NRIC No, Nationality, DOB. While the rest is Ok to fill up, we couldn't go through as we can't find Myanmar in the drop down box. The problem is we are not allowed to manually key in. Eventually, we take Malaysia wrongly and luckily it is successful. Why not Myanmar in the list?

Above some matters in mind, I asked myself in the way back home, "Are we from forbidden country?" Only the God will know. May our country be recognized by world's society soonest possible following democratic reform recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment