Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Family Union Holiday


WITHIN 7 months from last visit home, I got another chance to go back home with the help of long CNY holiday. It has been full of excitement since we decided to buy air-ticket without being granted for leaves. My wife is very determined this time as she haven't seen her baby girl since she left her for Singapore. As I attended our daughter's one year Birthday celebration alone, I was less serious on buying risky air-ticket online. It cost us facing expensive ticket. We're now able to sight after acquiring a much needed couple weeks long CNY leaves grant from our respective job. In foreign land, it's not an easy task to ask leaves for very often. Most possibly once a year holiday grant could be considered a good job. Fortunately, I got a chance to go back home twice in 2010 & 2011.

As usual, we cannot simply go back home. We're busy with present-thinking and shopping. The cold winter in mother land will welcome us and it make us additional planning. When the chilly winter come to mind, it's a must to bring a warm-giving jackets and accessories. Meanwhile, we can't stop thinking how to convince our little daughter after long time no see especially for my wife. Being mother, her love is visible and always dreamed of daughter. She started to worry on whether our daughter would recognize us or not. Such irrelevant thought make her go through sleepless nights. Luckily, I met our princess 6 months ago when I held her one year Birthday ceremony. My wife was unable to get leave as she just joined new company when our daughter's B'day come. I knew she swallow her desires for the good sake of our princess.

The time seem going fast to us now. Our little baby girl able to walk herself. She could able to speak by short cut phrases. She could understand people's command. She is absolutely making progress obviously. Unfortunately, she fall into sick frequently and we're aware of her good health. We can't be happy if we know she is sick back home. Thus, we are required to give her calls. Now calling home even more meaningful as she can greet us "Phay Phay, May May" with her little sharp sound. Which parent don't want to listen their child especially when they are being apart? We are not exceptional and we all equally adjust our stingy attitude on spending telephone cost.

Last night, we were being told that our daughter and her guardian aunty who is my elder sister will come and meet at airport. Thankfully, we don't need to wait until we reach our home town to see our princess. Once we land our homeland, we will able to see our delightful daughter. That news keep us thinking through night. My wife and I are thinking of what should we buy for our daughter so as to grab her attention. The time is limited and we'll have no time to waste in family bonding. On the other hand, I remember one of my friend's reminder that we shouldn't make so friendly with our child as it'll suffer her more when we go back foreign land at the end of holiday. I'm cautious with the advice of my sisterhood friend and I'll remember it whenever we meet our little princess with the temporary basis.

Hopefully, we could able to return home permanently sooner than later so that we could enjoy family life to its fullest. Our country starts changing and opening up now. May our dream come true soonest possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment