Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pain Truth 8


I JUST read an article on local media website regarding how poor knowledge is dangerous by highlighting his own experience. In the article, the writer share his recent holiday experience. The incident was happening on the way back home by air. He flied with local air line from Chaing Mai to Yangon. In the middle of journey, he noticed that one Stewardess rush like a sprinter from tail to middle of the plane. The problem arise as two of the passenger sitting beside Emergency door try to open the switch without concerning the real risk concern. This dangerous action urged Stewardess to rush and block their action. In fact, the two passengers are not terrorist and willing to make all passengers in trouble. They might have thought the emergency door as a toilet door or otherwise. They are Myanmar citizen and the plane's emergency door has warning language both in English and Burmese. It show they should have understand the meaning of this emergency exit. However the action they committed make other passengers and staffs extremely worried. The Stewardess herself also not sure with emergency switch and she just afford to change those unusual passenger's seat and hold the switch in the effort of ensuring the door close. Eventually the chief pilot arrived and settle the problem. The writer is very sure that those committed passengers have no intention to make trouble for all including themselves by judging their action upon changing seats. Because they show no strange action for their embarrassing and dangerous effort.

After reading this article, I also remember my own experience while I went back home on flight. One of my friend asked me to take care his mother on the way back home as he purposely bought air ticket on the same date with me. So we all check in together and got the same row seats. She is an officer in a government factory and this is her first time oversea visit and flying. So she was nervous and relax to know that she could able to return home with me as we are from the same village. She followed her son when she come to Singapore and so there was no problem. During the journey, we both talked about general things from village's condition to Singapore's development. Once we got Yangon International Airport, she wanted to go rest room and asked me how can he use toilet facilities. I explained her how to use the facilities including how to close the door. However he didn't lock the door and use toilet. Unfortunately one foreigner pulled out the door and surprised to learn there is one user inside. Both shouted loudly and Stewardess noticed and rush at toilet and help her finish. It's understandable as she is old woman and first experience in flying. No issue.

However, I do got the same experience in the return trip back to Singapore alone. This time, I'm the one who open the door as I see marking is green. Green mean there is no user in general. So I confidently pulled the door and surprisingly found a young lady who is deem my fellow citizen. I just only able to shout and push back. I don't know where my urine went as I feel a bit shame as well. Once the lady come out, I turn my face around in the effort of mitigating both shame. But I asked myself why this modernized lady don't know simple thing? She seem already working in Singapore and even don't know to close the toilet door while using facilities. But this too disappear soon after. Now I just recall after reading the similar story in the local media website.

You can go original article in the following link if you wish.

http://www.first-11.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8853:2011-06-09-06-56-06&catid=78:2009-11-13-06-25-17&Itemid=135

No comments:

Post a Comment