Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Appreciate your helping hands.


ONCE LKY said 1st class of talent goes MNCs while local SMEs attract 2nd and 3rd tiers of talent pool available in the market. I paused reading for a while to let my brain think of my place there. I found it easily that I'm not in the list of 1st class as I am working for local SMEs. In the meantime, I am not sure whether I'm 2nd or 3rd or whatsoever. He continued to explain what's the meaning of talented people. We have mistaken thought that talented people mean bright and smart people of any given population. I also didn't fully understand it until I read his explanation. He said talented people is not only academically excel people but those who have done well in sport, music, art, etc. So I herein understand why Singapore national athletes are multi-racial. At first I feel strange to see some African and European people in their team.

Being a person from third world country myself, I'm easily rated as a blue-collar worker by locals. They don't recognize our University certificate and would easily reject our work pass application by citing it. It has been long time true trend for immigrant workers to work in local SMEs as a stepping stone unless he is from 1st world country. We came here with the prospect of better live and expected fair ground to be found. However we are sometime treated in different category rather than based on our own merit. We are seen by locals as foreign workers, even they might refuse to label us foreign talent which is more polite way to address visitors.

Being migrant workers, they sub-divided into two major classes. One is highly earner called Expatriate and another is low earner foreigner workers who do the jobs they shun so called 3D job. In practice, those two type of immigrant workers contribute their country by one particular way. May be Singaporean can survive their lives without those highly rated Expats but I don't think their lives would be the same without those FW who do 3D job. Then I can summarize who is more essential to them. I may not need to answer for this question as it's crystal clear. But I am always frustrate to learn their serial complain of FW/FT. They never stop in blaming those inferiors who came here to help them. It's not graceful for those who are considered higher educated people.

May people can able to see life as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment