Friday, June 10, 2011

Exercise and Me


I AM not a sporty man and stay away from exercise in my life. I tried to do it but failed because I always have enough excuses to throw that idea away. In fact, I'm not a healthy man compare to my peers of my age. I wondered why I'm frequently and easy to fall in sick. Only one possible answer I got that being born by late parent. My mother was 44 and father was 65 when I came to life. My schoolmates used to tease me for that. I wasn't strong enough since I was young boy and I fortunately avoid insufficient brain for that reason. I never smoke and drink. But I am not as strong as those who does these unhealthy practice. Finally I realize that I have to take extra care myself so that I can be a healthy man. I can't compare to other due to aforesaid reason. Let it be.

I have one Indian hostel mates at my hostel. He is Engineer and also working in the same company. So we become friends shortly after we met. One day, our land lord wanted to shift their furniture from one place to another. So she asked us to help moving and we two made it for her. It took us just about 10 minutes. After moving it to desired place, my Indian friend was so sweaty and he begin to notice that I wasn't sweat at all. He was surprising to see me like that. He understood that it is not because I am too strong. He know that I am feeling a bit tire too but I am not sweaty. That time, he used to run early morning before going work alone. So he suggests me to join him in morning exercise.

I initially can't answer his offer and told him I have no running shoe. He said, it can be easily bought and affordable. He seriously advised me to do exercise. For the sake of friendship, I mutually agree with him and promise him to join after buying shoe. Next day, he bring me a store and help me buy a new shoe. From that day onward, I woke up early and started to run early morning with my friend. He was quite good at doing exercise and teach me how to warm up, release muscle after exercising, how to warm blood. He even boasted me that he had got a certificate of fitness from his native land. I just follow his instruction and try to keep it alive. Later he absent from exercising due to late sleeping and I went alone to the park.

I started to enjoy doing exercise and notice I feel relax the whole day at work. Also I surprisingly found my dandruff of hair disappear. Previously my skin are not smooth and sometime it has even fungus related disease. Since I do exercise, those unwanted sign all gone and it seem permanently good bye my body. Last time I had to take several medicine to ease them as it affect my personality. Of course it cost me too and now I can enjoy saving of that money. As an office worker, I need to work the whole day under air-conditioned room and it's not possible to be sweat. I have been working in oversea for 7 years and all that time are working under ceiling. So my job needed me to sit and see at computer for the whole day. At the end of the day, I feel pain at body muscle and eyes.

Now, I understand that they are no longer with me as long as I maintain my habit of exercise. Few months later, my Indian friend resigned from work and return India. But I try to keep this habit as it help me to become healthy person as well as active. Now I have changed hostel and also changed my second running shoe. To be honest, I run because I already bought a shoe at earlier days. Later I changed my mind that I am running because I appreciate health. So I want to suggest my friends who are not in the mode of exercising, please just start doing it. It'll carry forward you in next step. Also recommend to buy a shoe as a first step. Otherwise you'll show lack of shoe as a reason for not doing exercise. Anyway, being immigrant worker, we can't afford to be unhealthy and it's a good practice to do exercise when we have any spare time.

May all working people do love exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment