Thursday, April 19, 2012

Problematic travel plan


MY daughter and eldest sister is in town for visit. My sister in-law is also here to get headhunted. So my wife and I plan to go out of lion city to Kuala Lumpur for family outing holiday after couple weeks my daughter landed here. The problem started from beginning. Being Myanmar national, we need visa to enter Malaysia despite we are ASEAN member state. For my sister in-law, she needs to apply re-entry visa to Singapore immigration as her e-visa has been expired now. I couldn't apply Malaysia visa as soon as my daughter arrive here as my passport was maintained by agent for extension of my work permit. Hence, I needed to wait until I get back my passport to apply visa.

Since Malaysia embassy in Singapore doesn't entertain to individual walk-in application, we need to apply through authorized agent. It make me approach one Myanmar traveling agent which is station at peninsula plaza. Applied on Friday (20/4) and got approved visa on following week Tuesday (24/4). As my family members are not sure to get Malaysia visa, I needed to wait until Tuesday to buy air-ticket. Within few days time, the air ticket price become more expensive for S$7.00 each per ticket. I didn't think that my sister in-law will need re-entry visa until one of my friend reminds me. It make me feel some worrisome that she may not be allowed to enter Singapore again upon return to republic. Thus, we applied re-entry visa for her with the help of one PR friend. Like air-ticket, hotel accommodation rate also going up by time. The closer time we book, the more expensive. This trend make me force to book before my sister in-law's application for re-entry result yet to know.

(To be continue)

1 comment:

  1. All of us are part of a big story. It is a story that is much bigger than we know. Do not confuse the life you live with the story. Do not be afraid to leave the story. You may get scared sometimes because you fail to understand that what is scared is not you. It's the story. The story looks for a way to travel. The story is afraid you will let go.

    Cheap Flights to New York

    ReplyDelete