Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Let's show our spirit


IT is not easy to steal family time for watching football. Today evening, there is Asian Cup group stage football match between Yangon United and Singapore's Home United. When I found an ticket selling counter at Peninsular Plaza couple weeks ago, I was hesitating to decide because the play time is falling the time during my daughter's visit to Singapore. After struggling a few minute to buy or not to buy ticket, I hardly bought it as the ticket come S$7.00 including one free T-shirt present which is out of stock by the time I purchase a ticket. It's my secret desire to watch live football match after I missed last year RHB invitation cup match, in which Myanmar's Okkthar United was participating. I later found the match photos online and dearly miss the match. So, I decided to watch if I got a chance to support Myanmar team regardless of national or club level.

Last week, Yangon united hosted Home united on the home soil at Yangon and drew. As the group stage approached to end, the winning points become more crucial to escape from the exit of group stage. The first lap match draw make this match more competitive and I am sure we're going to watch a good match this evening. The local news said Yangon united had managed to sell all allocated tickets to fellow citizen here. Total tickets being given to Yangon united are only 1300 which is, I believe, much lesser than demand as there are big Myanmar community here. Besides, Myanmar people are crazy at football especially when it play oversea. I got one experience watching live football match oversea. It was happening in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia when I was working there. It was final match between host team and defending champion Myanmar team. The match was far excited and a lot Myanmar fans are attending to support our team. I hope, there is no less eager for Singapore Myanmar community fans than Malaysia fellow citizen counterparts.

These days, Singapore is much look like in the rainy season. The whole day, most of time raining. I just want to be optimistic with the weather as our footballers are used to play under rain. They seem better play when they play in the muddy pitch under heavy rain. They have played under rain since childhood. Those circumstance will favor Yangon united football team to win today match, I believe. The most exciting moment I expect from match is singing national anthem at the beginning of the match. Singing national anthem on foreign soil together with fellow citizen make us feel proud and memorable. For this proud moment alone, my hard-earn money S$7.00 ticket price is worth return. It'ld be additional bonus for us if Yangon united beat home united this evening. No feeling is better than cheering your favorite team scoring goals in front of you. Isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment