Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Singapore Airshow 2012


ORGANIZER boosted it Asia's biggest airshow. This is not first time for me to witness such show. First time exposure was about a year ago when RSAF made open house to public. That time my wife and I was impressed with the display of warplanes by Singapore Air Force. It's not possible to see army vehicles in my country and we took this opportunity. However, this time didn't come free like before. It's civilian plane show and participated by world's leading airplane seller like Boeing and Airbus. Also we could find some spare-part making company's show rooms including local ones. The highlighting for the show is acrobatic flying show that take twice a day. The first two days was only for business men while the last two days open to public. It cost $21 per head inclusive of booking fees by sistic website. It'ld be more expensive if you buy ticket manual at the gates of show.

Just like others, my wife and I also eager to see flying show which is quite exciting. The flying display was mainly done by four teams, USAF, RAF, RSAF & RMAF. US & Australia display are more attractive and earn much more cheerful from the audience, I think. There are two shows a day as per schedule and it's worth waiting to witness breath-taking show. Due to unexpected long journey on shuttle bus, traffic jam and long queue, we were late when we eventually enter the show ground. The morning show was already half way and we could able to see less than half time. After show, we went around the open display ground in which there are so many planes both commercial and military. We all were busying with taking photos in front of variety of air crafts. The SIA's outgoing Boeing 474 is on display in their farewell. Only 2,000 tickets a day and we find it finish when we reach the ticket booth.

During exploring around the field, I notice there are so many flags flying on the roof of indoor exhibition hall. I was looking them with the prospect of finding our national flag. As usual, isolation nation's flag are not member of flag poles. I could even find Vietnam, Bangladesh ones. Only one clue I could find about my country is in the indoor display. It was ATR's show-room which show their historic planes from very early days to modern days. Our flag-carrier, MAI, is one of their customer as I could find a plane with MAI logo. I, without hesitating, took a photo in front of that model plane. The organizer didn't fail to think of juniors. The big draw for both junior and senior is star-war characters who are dressing like real Aliens and moving around the indoor show-rooms. Wherever they go, child and its hard-core fans follow them to take some picture. My wife also took a photo with one actor.

The show was ended by upset because the afternoon flying display wasn't gone as per schedule. As per plan, Australian air force and US air force are supposed to fly. Instead, Singapore air force replaced them by citing technical problems encountered by RAAF & USAF. I don't think both of them are having technical problems as announcer told audience. The weather wasn't bad to show their flying power. Despite Singapore pilots tried to act, it never meet audience's expectation, I think. The 30 minutes show was ended by about 10 minutes only. After the show, people straight away return home without delaying. It suggest that people are patient for the flying display especially done by US & Australia air forces. I hope the organizer won't do the same mistake in next edition which will come in couple years time.


No comments:

Post a Comment