Monday, March 12, 2012

The Lady


LAST Saturday night, I watched already famous movie, the lady, among Myanmar audience. It was rainy day and shown on 3 Golden Village Theater only. I arrived ticket counter about 2 hours earlier than show time and got only front row seat. I initially thought the lady movie would be interested among Myanmar community here. I knew I had wrong estimation when I enter theater and see full-house. It's likely half of the mover goers are foreigners. As I had viewed some parts of the movie through internet, I didn't expect the movie is going to be good enough and S$9 worth. I watched it with the prospect of what and how French director has created our history in term of artistic. I have read a lot critics both local and international. Coincidentally, another lady concern movie was shown that make Oscar award winning. This is Bratain's famous lady, so called "Iron Lady". Nevertheless, the latter lady was able to convince our people to watch.

The movie began with our national hero General Aung San telling story to his youngest daughter who is ASSK and followed by assassination of him. This is first time I could able to witness how does it happened to our beloving national hero despite it's just a movie sense. We know it by reading national history book when we are school-goers. The movie director made it by the clever mixed of personal and political life to generate a good movie. I believe that this movie will help our isolated nation to be known by younger generation of outer world. At the same time, it will provide world's citizen how much they are lucky not to be born in such country. You can't sympathize if you have been exposed the same treatment in lifetime. Our people have eaten such bitter taste in life and I hope that our religion had been playing crucial part by teaching us how to patient and overcome such nightmare days.

At the certain screen sense, I was unable to resist my tear rolling down to cheek. Perhaps M Yeoh is too good in performing the role as the lady. She is quite resemble with the real ASSK, I feel. She has been selected perfectly by producer/director. Her Asian look face is added bonus to her role. We didn't know before that Michael has been a good-minded person who has lent a hand in helping her wife's mission. May be there are discrepancies between real life and screen script. However, it's pretty acceptable movie to given circumstance of shooting places. I am sure the movie might have been more attractive if it is able to shoot in Myanmar. We could see the effort of director and actors in the movie. We could understand the lesson of a political person's life. Probably this movie will make our people appreciate our lady's effort more than before. In general, I rate the movie is worth for my hard earn money (S$9.00). Hope all my fellow citizen who are in town will not fail to watch and encourage the effort of foreign people.

No comments:

Post a Comment