Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Who will go Istana...?


SINGAPORE is noisy again with the presidential election is at the corner. Yesterday was nomination day for president-elects and they are able to start their respective campaign from yesterday evening. I am seeing campaign road-side poster on the way to MRT station. The candidates seems don't want to waste their time to attract people's vote. It has been long time to read the president related stories on local media websites as well as newspaper. The strange thing for Singapore this time is it is their first ever election to choose their president. I never knew it till recently I read that news. I thought every time they were choosing by this way. Anyway, I'm sure that it's going to be another milestone for this city state and people will get another excitement time soon after their GE 2011.

Being foreign worker myself, I have nothing to do with this upcoming presidential election but viewing it. I read a lot explanation by law minister and other ministers saying what is the role and power of president. It suggest some locals still unclear with what their president can do legally. Most people including me thought president is just going out and raise hand to people when state ceremony are held like National Day Parade. Another significant role is just witness in solemnization ceremony of cabinet ministers including newly elected PM. Some people are not happy with their president's salary (S$5.0 million/year) against his duties.

I just thinking non-sense and pointless for me by telling so. I'll leave it for their people as I am just visitor in this island state. However I am grateful Singapore for letting me here to work and earn for my family. Thus, I sincerely wish to see S'pore keep progress and of course it might have the best qualifying person in this upcoming presidential election. For me, I'll guess Dr. Tony Tan would be elected as a next president. I hope my guess would be right to the best of my knowledge about those 4 eligible president-elects. Time will tell us true. Lets wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment