Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Don't be vulnerable people


I PREVIOUSLY thought that people from the 1st world country are strong in physically and mentally due to their quality society and background. I understood my thought are wrong after I has been working in oversea for few years. I am currently working in ASEAN's most advanced country which is claimed 1st world country by its own people. I am agree with them on the opinion of being a first-world country as I am witnessing the quality of their living standard. However, I personally think that people are playing a part to be fully named first class nation. I see them as a school children because they are demanding society rather than self-reliance on their own merit. The government has done the best possible for its people especially in education, healthcare, living accommodation, etc. But they still got rooms to voice out their bad feeling. Why like that if they are grown up adult. I don't understand on such manner.

When they lose jobs in work, they'll easily point at ruling party for allowing FTs.
When they lose places in school/university, they'll act the same for importing foreign brains.
When their children are losing scholarship at school, they'll complain government policy.
When they are not comfortable with public transport, they'll blame at government for so many foreign people on road.
When they need to pay expensive hospital bills, they'll say government should have covered better.
When the PUBs bill are raised due to certain reason, they'll shout to deaf.
When the roads are flooded, they'll complain for closure of drains.
When....................,.................................
When...............,..........................

It's strange for me as I came from a country of government who don't care people's matter. We have to fix our problems of life by ourselves. We can't rely on government relief effort even we are hit by natural disasters. In general, it's not good to be a citizen of such bad country. But I think such circumstance make our people even stronger as they are used to grow amidst broken things. Law are not governed and things goes as it is. Some people are obviously above the law. People try to swallow their pains if it is bearable as they know going to seek justice will make them double loser. As a person who came from such society, I see Singapore government is quite good for its people. Since the government has arranged a proper education access for its people, people should step on their own after they have been grown up. Asking unlimited things to government is much alike with a school child, I think. So long as they are good at where they stand, they don't need to worry to lose their chair. Likewise, the ruling party doesn't need to assure repeatedly as "Singaporean First".

I sincerely guess, Singapore's generation Y may have such vision of self-reliance in the future so that they can build a better country to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment