Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flat hunting trip


OWNING a flat in my homeland today is not easy for ordinary people like me. I read a lot concern raised by Singaporean with regard to their difficulties to cope rising price of their HDB flats. They can get a flat as early as they are early 30s just before married for working young couple. They seem no patient to reach their turn and continuously voice out to government. I see the process to own a flat here is much easier than ours. Because the buyer can use their CPF money as well as mortgage loan from the banks. They don't need to worry about upfront money by getting from this two sources alone. The government is heavily subsidies for first time buyer especially. But they still no please with the treatment of their own government. Let it be.

In my country, we, people, need to pay full amount of flat price if they want to buy. It's always cash-down. No choice to go with installment as the banking industry is yet to mature and people are less trusting on them after they have experience in losing their saving account. So, whatever we want to buy, we have to pay 100% cash of valuation of the object. The flat buying applying the same. We don't have certain rules to be complied when we make business in the property market. As long as the seller and buyer agree, it can be done. The risk is obviously on the side of buyer because there can be hidden risks behind the seller.

After conceding 2 times reject to my application of PRs, I understood that it is time to buy a flat in my native land before it goes sky-rocket high price which I cannot reach. Before this, I saved my account with the prospect of getting SPR one day in future. Moreover, the tighter rules of foreign worker employment pass make me clear what I should do. These two drove me buy a flat immediately. In early July, I went back my country to attend my daughter's 1st year birthday celebration. As the rumour of current property tax policy expired and increased on next one, my wife and I decided to buy a flat urgent. That's why I decided to spend 2 days in finding a suitable flat before I travel to my home town at upper Burmese. I compiled some possible contact address and numbers from my friends in Singapore so that I can minimize the hunting time.

Once I landed my homeland, it's already gone half day after clearing immigration and custom. After resting a while at my relative house, my sister and I started the journey of hunting a flat in the afternoon. We both have no experience with buying a flat before despite we are in mission. I tried to contact some numbers which I bring from Singapore and make some appointment to meet with potential people. The weather is so hot and getting public transport make us tiresome. In particular place, we use taxi to minimize traveling time. In my mind, I am a bit worry with the information I get from my cousin sister who told me the existing market price of a flat within outskirt of the town. The average price she suggest from her survey is beyond my budget. I am quiet in the taxi with my brain thinking unstoppable.

What will we meet ahead? Will I success this mission? Please continue in next post.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting to continue!
    Congrat can write good pose even busy.

    ReplyDelete